A: Pls see as attached
Full list of album art, lyrics and tag info supported by the X1
Current firmware
X1:FW1.0
Embedded art
External art*
Folder art**
ID3 tag info
Recommended pixel resolution: below 1024*1024 (up to 8192*8192 supported for jpg) for bmp and png
Album
Artist
Title
genre
External lyrics
(LRC)+
MP3
OGG
WAV
WMA
APE
FLAC
AIFF
M4A
*External art should be in the form of a jpg, bmp or png of the same filename as the music file.  Takes precedence over folder art.
**, in order of precedence.  If none of these names are found the first image file in the folder in alphabetical order is treated as folder art.
+Supported character encodings for LRC files: ANSI, Unicode, UTF-8 with or without BOM.  External LRC file should have the same filename as the music file.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X1
AMPs
-
Head Gears
Aurisonic Rockets
regtime
2015-3-13
Post time 2015-4-1 00:52:42 |Show all posts |
Hi

Regarding the Tag information, which version of the tags are supported?

If I'm not wrong, both ID3V1 and ID3V2 are supported, and ID3V1 takes prevalence over ID3V2. This is a problem for me. I do not know why, but even when I remove the ID3V1 tags, I still get some wrongly tagged tracks.

Any way to fix the tags?

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2015-4-3
Post time 2015-4-3 03:14:48 |Show all posts |
It would be nice if some more tags would be supported in the future.

For lovers of classical music especially one important tag is missing: Composer.
This tag would be at the top of my wish list!

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
N/A
AMPs
N/A
regtime
2015-6-12
Post time 2015-6-16 22:44:51 |Show all posts |
Edited by snafu_ at 2015-6-17 00:31

Can someone tell me how you get the lyrics to display on the X1?
I have ver 1.4 firmware. I believe I have the LRC file done correctly but I'm at a loss to figure out how to get them to display?
I used lrcgenerator.com to create the LRC file. I named it the same as the MP3 file and put in in the same directory.I even had the X1 rescan all of it's media files. Looking at the X1 manual it has a picture of the playscreen showing lyrics. Am I to assume they will just show up? If so, then I am doing something wrong.

UPDATE

I found my mistake. I had simply missed a space in the name of the LRC file, so it wasn't matching up with the MP3 file. D'oh!
It works great now.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X1
AMPs
regtime
2015-12-20
Post time 2015-12-20 02:16:07 |Show all posts |
Edited by raymi at 2015-12-20 02:22

Hi all,

I encounter a serious problem with my X1, concerning tags : on some albums (about 30 are affected) when I browse by tag (categories), only the first track is displayed on the list, not the other tracks of the album.

I noticed it a few day after upgrading to 1.6 firmware. Everything worked fine on the previous version (1.4).
For example, I want to listen the Adele 21 album: I go to 'album' or 'artist' category until the good one, but only the 1st track appears, not the 10 other tracks.

However, when I browse my albums by folder/files, all works properly: all the files are displayed on the list.

I guess I've tried every way to fix it :
- removed/set back all the files several times,
- edited the tags with mp3 tag software and save it,
- formated my micro sd card, from the player and from the pc,
- removed cover from the tag/folder,
- ran the 1.6 firmware again,
- reset the player many times,
- updated the media library many times,
Nothing worked

This bug seems to occur only with .ogg and .wma files, and vorbis comment tag (but many other entire albums with .ogg/.wma files are displayed). No problem with .flac and .mp3.

I don't know how to do, thank you very much for helping me.

Kind regards.

R.

Use magic Report

Technical Support

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5
AMPs
E18
regtime
2014-11-18

Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Master of Publictity Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2015-12-21 18:23:23 |Show all posts |
raymi replied at 2015-12-20 02:16
Hi all,

I encounter a serious problem with my X1, concerning tags : on some albums (about 30 are af ...

Hi, raymi, it seems weird, What is the format of the 21 album? Pls eject the sd card, then update the library. This will delete the database. After this, pls plug the sd card then update the library. If you don't mind, would you pls PM me one file to test?

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X1
AMPs
regtime
2015-12-20
Post time 2015-12-22 05:24:02 |Show all posts |
Yellow replied at 2015-12-21 18:23
Hi, raymi, it seems weird, What is the format of the 21 album? Pls eject the sd card, then update  ...

Hi guys,

Thanks for your quick response. I've actually managed to solve it by myself, here is how I proceed.

First, I wondered why only my classical music's albums were concerned by this bug (I previously took the Adele 21 album as an exemple, but had no problem with it). I said to myself "perhaps FIIO doesn't like Dvorak, Brahms or Schumann" .
Well, the fact is I listen mostly to classical music on my X1, so I tried to find a common point to all these files.

Then I browse all my files with mp3 tag and focused on the ones with long titles and renamed them. There was still a problem on some, but other was displayed again. Good, I was on the right track.

Then I looked to all the directories and erased useless folder and sub folder. For example : E:\Musique\Classic\Maurice Ravel\Prokofieff- Klavierkonzert Nr. 3, Ravel- Klavierkonzert, Gaspard de la nuit\Martha Argerich, Claudio Abbado, Berliner Philharmoniker\06. Ravel, Klavierkonzert in G-dur - Presto
Obviously, the path of this file is far too long and that's precisely what is causing the display issue.

To conclude, I modified all the paths concerned and now I can access to all my files in the 'category' menu
So everyone, be carefull with the lenght of your file name and directory.

Finally I take the opportunity to quote andyko (3rd post of this thread), as regards the wish list of future firmwares : have a 'composer' category to browse the file would be an great feature for those who like classical music

Sorry for my rough english, I hope it will be helpfull for everyone anyway.

Musically yours.

R.

Use magic Report

Technical Support

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5
AMPs
E18
regtime
2014-11-18

Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Master of Publictity Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2015-12-22 16:52:25 |Show all posts |
Edited by Yellow at 2015-12-22 16:53
raymi replied at 2015-12-22 05:24
Hi guys,

Thanks for your quick response. I've actually managed to solve it by myself, here is ho ...

Thanks, raymi. Yes, there is a 128 characters limit of the filepath. If it exceeds this limit, the file may not be found.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2019-3-19 11:28 , Processed in 0.031534 second(s), 22 queries .