FiiO Forums

Retrieve Password
Register Now
/Sign In
Search
Author: Erna

How to create the X series music player external playlists?

Prime Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5 2nd Gen
AMPs
E12A, iFi iCan Micro, K5
DACs
Chord Mojo, X5II
Head Gears
HD-800, Fidelio X2,V-Moda M-100; V-moda XS, , Logitech UE 9000
regtime
2015-7-17
Post time 2015-9-14 12:17:09 |Show all posts |
lewashby replied at 2015-9-13 23:03
shitzu - If I can't even get the basic information I need to create a playlists for the music that's ...

Sorry to note that you were mis guided by your dealer before the purchase of the device. However,  I think firmware downgraded to 2.4 works with Linux system. Check it out. Some information here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/762128/ ... load-and-discussion
Source: X5II, Amplifier : iFi iCan Micro + E12A + K5
Headphones: HD800 + X2 Fidelio + V-Moda M100 + V-Moda XS + UE9000.
IEMS: Shure 535 + KEF 200M

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
mp3, and .flac files
AMPs
What?
regtime
2015-9-12
Post time 2015-9-20 01:57:46 |Show all posts |
I would love for someone to start an open digital HD music player project on kickstart.com Now would someone with more time and knowledge than get on that?

Use magic Report

Prime Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5 2nd Gen
AMPs
E12A, iFi iCan Micro, K5
DACs
Chord Mojo, X5II
Head Gears
HD-800, Fidelio X2,V-Moda M-100; V-moda XS, , Logitech UE 9000
regtime
2015-7-17
Post time 2015-9-20 11:27:24 |Show all posts |
lewashby replied at 2015-9-20 01:57
I would love for someone to start an open digital HD music player project on kickstart.com Now would ...

Yeah Sure.
Source: X5II, Amplifier : iFi iCan Micro + E12A + K5
Headphones: HD800 + X2 Fidelio + V-Moda M100 + V-Moda XS + UE9000.
IEMS: Shure 535 + KEF 200M

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FiiO x5
AMPs
none
regtime
2015-9-23
Post time 2015-9-23 05:01:42 |Show all posts |
HI,
just bought the new FiiO 2nd generation and love it.
I'm using J River Media Center 21 to manage FiiO's music library and it works fine except for the smart playlists.
Is the solution that you provide valid also for smart/dynamic playlists ?
Tks in advance of your support,
FL

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5 2nd gen
AMPs
none
Head Gears
SH HD600
regtime
2015-11-15
Post time 2015-11-15 12:21:44 |Show all posts |
Hi everyone having trouble making playlists for the X series! Especially those of you on OSX and Linux. I've written a short bash and perl script combo that does the following:

takes command line input of (1) artist name; (2) album name; (3) file extension; and (4) playlist name
and makes a playlist (called <playlist name>.m3u8, defaults to <artist name>.m3u8 if no playlist name given) containing all of the songs from the given artist (or artist and album).

the script is called as follows:
playlist.sh -a ARTIST -T ALBUM -p PLAYLIST -e EXTENSION
the flags can be given in any order. all but -a can be omitted

if no file extension is given, the script defaults to flac
if no album is given, all songs by the artist will be added to the playlist
script will not work without an artist being specified (will fix in a later version)

the script is designed to be called from the root directory of your SD card.
(known limitation) script assumes your music is organised in folders as follows:
  1. TF1:\<artist name> - [any amount of info, eg. release date, or nothing]<album name>[any amount of info, eg. file format, or nothing]\[song title or something].<file extension>
Copy the Code
the playlist will use relative paths to the songs, and convert the linux/osx "/"'s to windows-style "\"'s
if you call the script more than once with the same playlist name, it will APPEND the new files to the existing playlist

all of the above is in the README file in the git repository linked.  Please let me know of any bugs, and feel free to fork and personalise the scripts to match your file organisation system. it is released under the GPL v3 license.

https://github.com/jalestro/x5-playlist-convert

SHARE AND ENJOY.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
WAV, FLAC, mp3
AMPs
FiiO X5II, Yamaha RX-Z1
regtime
2015-11-16
Post time 2015-11-16 11:45:17 |Show all posts |
Edited by Megatroid at 2015-11-16 12:27

Can someone please help? I am having a similar issue. I cannot get the playlist feature to work properly. Playlists are stored in TF1. However, I have shared songs in the playlist from both TF1 and TF2. I believe songs located in TF2 are causing this playlist feature to not work properly. However, according to this thread, I was under the impression 'direct pathing' of files in a playlist with the correspondingly correct prefix (TF1:\ ) or (TF2:\) was suppose to allow the playlist on TF1 to access songs on TF2 as well and allow the 'playlist' feature to work. But this does not appear to be the case. Can you tell me why these filepaths (below) are incorrect and not accessing songs off both cards, preventing my 'playlist' feature from working properly? I have so many songs it is useless to scroll through them only according to the name of the song because I have tens of thousands of different songs. Trying to access their containing folder either causes 15+ seconds of lag, or the OS freezes up completely. The playlist feature would be nice, in that it would allow me to generate 26 separate, smaller playlists A-Z that would enable faster searching artist>album>song etc. and make it less painful to navigate. It takes me over 4 minutes of navigating with lightning finger speed through my entire list of 'Albums' from start to finish. Using 'Artist' search takes even longer due to soundtracks and compilation albums. There is simply no other way to effectively navigate through a library of tens of thousands of songs without something like Apple's autoscroll. I used the "FiiO X5 iTunes sync program" to do this. It pretty much worked exactly like I wanted it to, except it didn't transfer my playlists correctly to the X5's built-in 'playlist' feature like it did for the 'artist' and 'album' features. My playlists are all in M3U format. I REALLY like the X5II. I want it to work. I need it to work. It's close to being an almost perfect player for my needs. My top priorities of sound quality and storage capacity are easily satisifed with this DAP. However, its UI is WAY too laggy when loaded up with a large library. It deserves another firmware update as soon as possible because it truly NEEDS a more user-friendly, robust search feature to be a useful device. Otherwise, I feel like I am constantly fighting my library to get to my library.

Here are my dysfunctional filepaths. For the love of Christ, please help and advise!

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:321,Bachman-Turner Overdrive - Lookin' Out For #1
TF2:\Music\Compilations\BTO Gold\10 Lookin' Out For #1.mp3
#EXTINF:264,Bachman-Turner Overdrive - Let It Ride
TF2:\Music\Compilations\BTO Gold\11 Let It Ride.mp3
#EXTINF:236,Bachman-Turner Overdrive - You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
TF2:\Music\Compilations\BTO Gold\12 You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet.mp3
#EXTINF:226,Bachman-Turner Overdrive - Free Wheelin'
TF2:\Music\Compilations\BTO Gold\16 Free Wheelin'.mp3
#EXTINF:199,Bad Company - Rock N' Roll Fantasy
TF1:\Music\Bad Company\Guitar Rock 1974 - 1975\05 Rock N' Roll Fantasy.mp3
#EXTINF:256,Bad Company - Can't Get Enough
TF1:\Music\Bad Company\Guitar Rock 1974 - 1975\15 Can't Get Enough.mp3

Use magic Report

Technical Support

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5
AMPs
E18
regtime
2014-11-18

Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Master of Publictity Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2015-11-16 15:12:45 |Show all posts |
Megatroid replied at 2015-11-16 11:45
Can someone please help? I am having a similar issue. I cannot get the playlist feature to work prop ...

Hi, Megatroid, if the playlist is in the tf1 and the songs are in tf2, it can't work. The playlist and the song should be in the same sd card.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
WAV, FLAC, mp3
AMPs
FiiO X5II, Yamaha RX-Z1
regtime
2015-11-16
Post time 2015-11-16 20:35:21 |Show all posts |
Edited by Megatroid at 2015-11-16 20:50

Thanks for getting back so quickly Yellow. I appreciate it. Setting up playlists with songs on one memory card (with a tiny library) is a piece of cake. However, just to clarify, are you saying that even the homebrew programs shared within this thread to address playlist issues would still Not allow a TF1 playlist to play songs off TF2? Before downloading them and spending time and energy messing around with them, I'd like to know whether any of them address this shared playlist/memory card functionality issue. I am completely fine re-organizing my song file library to enable playlist functionality, but how would I do this? Is there any workaround or clever way of making this work that I am not seeing, or is there truly no way of making this work since my playlists contain random songs from A-Z within my 160GB library spread across two 128GB cards? Is this problem a result of not having any onboard RAM within the device and having to rely solely on separate memory cards for functionality? Why does my antiquated 6th Gen. iPod Classic from 2007 have no trouble quickly accessing 140GB+ song file folders using outdated technology? Shouldn't the new X5II have faster processing speed with its dual core Ingenics 4760B CPU, clocked at 600 MHZ? I am confused. I've just invested close to $500 on this when you take into consideration the cost of the device, plus shipping and (2) 128GB micro SD cards. As a consumer who likes the player overall and wants to support the company and its products, are we really just left 'out in the cold' on this one? Given there may be real limits on the potential for additional functionality through the use of future firmware updates, can anyone comment specifically whether 1.) file browsing speed or 2.) a faster search feature could be added to the functionality of the X5II? I've only had the device for a few days and I'm starting to become increasingly frustrated with the tremendous difficulty of accessing songs within a large library and wondering whether the only real solution is to return the product. We shouldn't be paying top dollar as beta-testers for products that aren't ready to hit the market yet.

Use magic Report

Technical Support

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5
AMPs
E18
regtime
2014-11-18

Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Master of Publictity Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2015-11-17 09:21:17 |Show all posts |
Megatroid replied at 2015-11-16 20:35
Thanks for getting back so quickly Yellow. I appreciate it. Setting up playlists with songs on one m ...

Yes, it is a little convenient. The device just can recognize the songs in the disk where the playlist is in. For example, if your playlist is in TF1, it can't play the songs in TF2 even you clarify the file path for TF2:xxx. So if i want to make the playlist for both files in my two sd cards, i would open the files in the TF1 in my foobar to make it, then put the playlist in TF1. After that, i will open the files in the TF2, then make playlist and put it in TF2.
To the speed, it is also related to the RAM, large capability of songs would make it slow in a way. To the search funtion, yes, many customers with large songs responsed this to us before. We are testing whether this can be realized via the software.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2015-12-14
Post time 2015-12-14 12:31:37 |Show all posts |
Hi,  I have the X3II and I want to create playlists.  Nothing I have read so far makes any sense whatsoever.  For example, 2. Load the songs desired from the SD card...  I don't have any songs on the SD card, I want to put songs ON the SD card.  The rest isn't any better.

How do I create playlists? Is there any easy way to make them?  I don't know paths, root files, or M3U8, I know drag-&-drop and that's about it.  

Use magic Report

Technical Support

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5
AMPs
E18
regtime
2014-11-18

Post time 2015-12-14 17:02:57 |Show all posts |
Mainsail replied at 2015-12-14 12:31
Hi,  I have the X3II and I want to create playlists.  Nothing I have read so far makes any sense wha ...

Hi, Mainsail,  Load the songs desired from the sd card means that you need to load the file from the sd card to the foobar player in your pc, then save the playlist. If you want to make the external playlist, this is the best way to do it.

Also, you could make the internal playlist as the picture.
x3ii add playlist.jpg

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2015-12-14
Post time 2015-12-15 12:25:33 |Show all posts |
Yellow replied at 2015-12-14 17:02
Hi, Mainsail,  Load the songs desired from the sd card means that you need to load the file from t ...

Hi,

I tried the instructions on page 1 of this thread exactly, both with the #EXTM3U line and without it.  When I go to PLAYLISTS on the X3 it says "No playlist files found"  

Internal playlists have to be done one song at a time right?  That's a lot of work with 700 songs!  Can I select Album or Artist to create internal playlists?  I don't see any way of doing it.

Use magic Report

Technical Support

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5
AMPs
E18
regtime
2014-11-18

Post time 2015-12-15 15:56:52 |Show all posts |
Mainsail replied at 2015-12-15 12:25
Hi,

I tried the instructions on page 1 of this thread exactly, both with the #EXTM3U line and wit ...

As this is the exteral playlist, you couldn't find it in Category>playlist. Pls go "Browser folder" to find the external playlist you made.
Yes, we just can add one song one time. Sorry that we couldn't select Album or Artist to create internal playlist.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
/
AMPs
/
regtime
2016-1-2
Post time 2016-1-2 03:22:35 |Show all posts |
Edited by pyck at 2016-1-5 23:15

Hello,
I recently bought a X1 and I'm having a lot of trouble with playlist management. I have like 10000 tracks and 50 different playlist and it seems that you can't just export a .m3u file to the X1 (as the tracks are routed to my pc hard drive). If I have to recreate all my playlist that's gonna takes me hours...
As I use iTunes(my iPod classic died, that's why I turned to another brand as Apple don't sell it anymore), the Dapper app sounded nice but works on Mac only. Is there any Dapper-like softwares that runs on windows ? Or an easy way to transfer itunes playlists to the player ?

Thanks !

Edit : found a way, copied one by one each playlist into the X1 and saved them as m3u8 each time and copy all my files back to the X1 at the end. Didn't worked actually, I used foobar with the technique described in the first post, but the files were routed as "G:\Music\... and not just Music\..., quickly edited this in notepad++ though so everything is fine.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
mp3
AMPs
I don't know
regtime
2015-9-27
Post time 2016-1-10 11:59:48 |Show all posts |
Edited by Juan_Carlo at 2016-1-10 12:02

Contrary to what the mod said, you can create external playlists that span 2 SD cards in the FiiO x5ii.

There's probably an easier way to do it, but I create them in Media Monkey as .m3u files (rather than .m3u8).  

Step 1: Direct Media Monkey to your SD drives on the x5ii (you should have already loaded all of your music onto the drives...all of your music will appear under the "artist/album" heading in Media Monkey.  If your tags are a mess, you might want to view things in folder mode). In my case, I permenantly labeled SD 1 "X" and SD 2 "Y" just to prevent the confusion of Windows repeatedly assigning them different drive letters everytime they load.

Step 2: Create a new playlist in Media Monkey, adding what ever songs you want from both drives.

Step 3: Select the playlist you want to export, right click it, select "send to," then "M3U/XSPF" Playlist" and save it as an M3U playlist in the root directory of one of your SD drives (I always use the first one, but I'm not sure if it makes a difference).

Step 4: Open the resulting .m3u file in wordpad.  It should just include a simple list of paths to songs with the drive letter as the root directory, like so:

X:\ABBA\1973 - Ring Ring\02. Another Town, Another Train.mp3
Y:\Natalie Prass\2015 - Side By Side\02 - Caught Up in the Rapture (Live At Spacebomb Studios).mp3
X:\ABBA\1973 - Ring Ring\05. I Saw It In The Mirror.mp3
X:\ABBA\1973 - Ring Ring\14. Merry-Go-Round.mp3
Y:\Natalie Prass\2015 - Natalie Prass\04 - Christy.mp3
Y:\Natalie Prass\2015 - Natalie Prass\08 - Reprise.mp3
Y:\Natalie Prass\2015 - Natalie Prass\09 - It Is You.mp3
etc,

Step 5:  Add #EXTM3U to the top line, so it looks like this:

#EXTM3U
X:\ABBA\1973 - Ring Ring\02. Another Town, Another Train.mp3
Y:\Natalie Prass\2015 - Side By Side\02 - Caught Up in the Rapture (Live At Spacebomb Studios).mp3
X:\ABBA\1973 - Ring Ring\05. I Saw It In The Mirror.mp3
X:\ABBA\1973 - Ring Ring\14. Merry-Go-Round.mp3
Y:\Natalie Prass\2015 - Natalie Prass\04 - Christy.mp3
Y:\Natalie Prass\2015 - Natalie Prass\08 - Reprise.mp3
Y:\Natalie Prass\2015 - Natalie Prass\09 - It Is You.mp3

Step 6: In wordpad click the "find and replace" icon in the upper right.  Enter "X:\" (without the quotes) into the "Find" field and "tf1:\" into the "Replace with" field (again without the quotes).  This will replace all the root paths with the proper "tf1:\" path.  Like I said, in my case I permenantly labeled my SD drives with letters "X" and "Y," but in your case they might be different letters.

Step 7: Do the same with drive Y.

The end result should look like this:

#EXTM3U
tf1:\ABBA\1973 - Ring Ring\02. Another Town, Another Train.mp3
tf2:\Natalie Prass\2015 - Side By Side\02 - Caught Up in the Rapture (Live At Spacebomb Studios).mp3
tf1:\ABBA\1973 - Ring Ring\05. I Saw It In The Mirror.mp3
tf1:\ABBA\1973 - Ring Ring\14. Merry-Go-Round.mp3
tf2:\Natalie Prass\2015 - Natalie Prass\04 - Christy.mp3
tf2:\Natalie Prass\2015 - Natalie Prass\08 - Reprise.mp3
tf2:\Natalie Prass\2015 - Natalie Prass\09 - It Is You.mp3

Step 8.  Save and close wordpad.

It should now work.  The resulting playlist won't show up in category mode.  You will have to select it in the directory where you placed it via folder mode.

There are probably easier ways to do this, like Dapper which basically does the same thing automatically (but only in MAC).  I could never get the PC version of Dapper to work right, though, which is why I do it by hand.  You don't need to use Media Monkey, though.  Basically any program to generate the .m3u will work, provided the end result is in the above format

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio X3 ii
AMPs
Fiio X3 ii
regtime
2016-2-19
Post time 2016-2-19 20:00:30 |Show all posts |
Edited by anush_rf at 2016-2-20 17:28

Easiest way to transfer playlist from windows pc is usingMediamonkey software:
1. Add songs into the Media Monkey library.
2. create playlist in the Media Monkey Software.

For those who have playlist in itunes can transfer the playlist to mediamonkey using add on scripts mentioned below:

Click the link http://trixmoto.net/mm/scripts.php?id=1

search for the itunes playlist importer script iPlaylist Importer 1.6 and download the same. install the script to mediamonkey by double clicking the script. under scripts in mediamonkey iplaylist importer 1.6 will be there click the same and import the playlist.

3. connect fiio DAP to the pc. In Mediamonkey the drive letter appears.
4. Select the Fiio DAP drive on mediamonkey Window.
5. Select Tab Auto-sync (--->Device) and Click on Playlist and select theplaylist songs to be transfered.
6. Then Select Options tab and select File locations. Here change the Path inSync Files in all scenarios to as follows:
Playlist\Music\<Artist> - <Title>
7.Then under the options Tab  select Playlist. Here, In Destination Directory Put path as follows
Playlist\
8. Last
in the media monkey Software Click  the on the Fiio DAP drive and click the sync option and let mediamonkey do the rest.
9 After the Sync is complete safely remove the Fiio DAP connected to the PC.
10. Now in the Fiio DAP select Browse Files/SD Card/Playlist   You will find all the playlist here in working condition.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio X1
AMPs
Topping NX3
Head Gears
Sony MH-EX300AP, Edifier H185, KZ ZS1
regtime
2015-10-1
Post time 2016-3-5 21:15:39 |Show all posts |
Hi, I want to ask about playlist

can I make a playlist with the same song in one playlist (more than one same song in the playlist)?

I already tried make a playlist using foobar (make a playlist with the same song in one playlist) but it can't, any suggestions?

Thx

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X3II
AMPs
X3ii
regtime
2016-4-14
Post time 2016-4-14 22:27:30 |Show all posts |
I got a lot of playlists. Therefore i want to store them in folders which requires me to navigate back with the paths inside the m3u files. This does not seem to work with relatives paths. For example:

../../media/Music/[...]

Is there a workaround?

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2016-5-19
Post time 2016-5-31 07:38:15 |Show all posts |
Yellow replied at 2015-12-15 15:56
As this is the exteral playlist, you couldn't find it in Category>playlist. Pls go "Browser folder ...

I am also looking for a way to add all songs from an album, or all songs by an artist to playlists.

Is there any chance that this option - select artist/album folder/category, use shortcut button to add to playlist - will be added in future firmware upgrades?

Adding one song at a time is VERY impractical, and I don't have the technical know-how to create playlists with coding.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Owen

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
window media player WMA
AMPs
E12
Head Gears
Fiio x5 Fiio x5 II
regtime
2016-6-25
Post time 2016-6-25 20:22:49 |Show all posts |
I dident study in computer ingeniring ! I have a large library with wmplayer on vista so I can fix the music files to be all the same way and they are over 150,000 songs now to do playlist that work with my fiio x5 or x5II you no the playlist that you make on your computer that work with any flashplayer so wath shud I do use media monky jriver musicbee What ever library other than apple stuff or where do I find that M3U it seem that you instruction are for ingener im not abele to find any m3u things with my files ???

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2019-9-22 18:01 , Processed in 0.035463 second(s), 25 queries .