what?
AMPs
eh?
regtime
2015-6-9
Post time 2015-6-9 15:49:21 |Show all posts |
just got my x3 and its good, but:

1) the 5800 limit needs to be fixed.

2) scroll wheel acceleration? it takes a long time to scroll through long lists. On my rockboxed fuze after a few seconds of turning the wheel it accelerated and scrolled through much faster - sounds like a simple thing to implement???

thanks

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
what?
AMPs
eh?
regtime
2015-6-9
Post time 2015-6-10 20:45:47 |Show all posts |
another suggestion:
is it possible to increase the brightness setting of the screen via a firmware update?

the screen is not very bright even on the max setting

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio X3 2nd, PC
AMPs
Fiio X3 2nd, E7
Head Gears
AKG K551
regtime
2015-6-11
Post time 2015-6-11 18:08:21 |Show all posts |
Improve a song list.
- List by the title not filename. I took a long time to find the song in "All Song" menu. I think many people know the name of the song not the the track number.

- Artist menu. I think it should be listed by "Album Artist" because some album have various artist perform. Sush as movie soundtracks.

- Sorting. The priority should be like CD number > Track number. I mean, it should be list all the song in CD1 first and then list CD2. But this device sort it like "Zigzag". For example

01 - First track of CD1
01 - First track of CD2
02 - Second track of CD1
02 - Second track of CD2
It should be

01 - First track of CD1
02 - Second track of CD1
12 - Last track of CD1
01 - First track of CD2
02 - Second track of CD2

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X3 2nd gen
AMPs
N/A
regtime
2015-6-11
Post time 2015-6-12 16:33:37 from mobile |Show all posts |
This is probably beyond nitpicking, but I'd like the play icon on top to stay in place even on the now playing screen. It just dissappeares when going to bow playing and it just doesn't feel right.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X3ii
AMPs
n/a
Head Gears
AKG K550
regtime
2015-6-15
Post time 2015-6-15 22:48:31 |Show all posts |
The overriding issue I'd like to see fixed in the next Firmware is the 5,800 song limit to the database.   I think it's very poor for DAP at this price to have such a limitation. Yes, I know I can browse folders etc to get round it but the way I listen to music  I really need all the songs I have to be in the database.   If this 5,800 limit could be fixed I'd be a very happy customer.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio X3 (2nd Generation)
AMPs
Fiio E12 Mont Blanc
regtime
2015-6-15
Post time 2015-6-15 23:16:27 |Show all posts |
How about 2 simple separate controls for bass & treble?
Can spend too long with equalizer when all I want is something less fussy.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5ii
AMPs
X5ii
DACs
X5ii
regtime
2015-6-16
Post time 2015-6-16 03:05:43 |Show all posts |
EckiEcker replied at 2015-5-26 14:55
5. Album art should scale to the height of the screen instead of width.  I would rather have bla ...

Alternatively scale the art work on one side of the screen and have track information on the other half.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2015-5-5
Post time 2015-6-16 16:06:24 |Show all posts |
Edited by nwimpney at 2015-6-16 16:11

Another feature I would like to see is for the listing by artist to ignore "The " at the start of band names for the sort order.  

There's a lot of bands that start with "The" and it's annoying to have a whole alphabetical subset to scroll through.

It should still show them, as they're named, but sorted without.  For example:

Sheryl Crow
Silversun Pickups
The Smashing Pumpkins
Spacehog

As it currently is, I often forget and scroll to S first, before realizing that The Smashing Pumpkins are under T.  (It's not so bad since T is next to S, but it's more annoying with some other bands)

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FIIO X3 2nd Gen
AMPs
Alpen E17
regtime
2015-6-24
Post time 2015-6-24 04:25:52 |Show all posts |
Make the internal Equalizer actually make a difference in sound.   I use a pair of Sennheiser HD 650 for main headphones a long an E09k amp, and a pair of Xiaomi Piston 2.1 as earbuds, so far I rarely notice any equalizer settings working, I don't notice more bass even when the EQ settings are maxed out, I don't notice clearer voice nor treble either.  All I notice from the built in Equalizer is a slightly increase in volume, nothing else, no bass enhancement nor treble nor anything else.    It's not the headphones fault, EQ settings are very noticeable using a Sansa Fuze+/Clip Zip with Rockbox.
The only way I notice a bass/treble increase with the X3 2nd Gen is when a use an external amp that has it's own EQ settings.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2015-5-5
Post time 2015-6-25 10:51:46 |Show all posts |
sleepym replied at 2015-6-24 04:25
Make the internal Equalizer actually make a difference in sound.   I use a pair of Sennheiser HD 650 ...

It works fine for me.  Are you using the headphone out, or the line out with your amplifier?  I think the EQ only applies to the headphone jack.  I think I read something about that being changed in the current beta.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
fiio x3ii
AMPs
fiio e06
regtime
2015-7-1
Post time 2015-7-1 00:56:26 |Show all posts |
Hello,
Please change the file names in the list, for example if I chose all songs (or just songs of one artist) in the list there are file names (instead of track names) which start on 01 02 or some unusual way (it depends on how file is named), so it is almost impossible to find desirable track. It would be great if it sorted files by track name and just show track names instead of file names. (it would be logical to leave it like it is in the folder section but not in library).

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio X1, X3 2G
AMPs
none
regtime
2015-7-8
Post time 2015-7-8 22:19:23 |Show all posts |
music81 replied at 2015-5-21 11:07
These guys better release a new firmware update soon or I am writing crappy reviews all over the int ...

You point out very good recommendations/MUSTS.
I would like to add to that list:
- Mid Level in the Gain Switch, Low & High are too far apart.
  There has to be an extra stop in between, really!

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio X1, X3 2G
AMPs
none
regtime
2015-7-8
Post time 2015-7-8 22:30:55 |Show all posts |
sleepym replied at 2015-6-24 04:25
Make the internal Equalizer actually make a difference in sound.   I use a pair of Sennheiser HD 650 ...

I can confirm it is not as audible as on the X1

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio X1, X3 2G
AMPs
none
regtime
2015-7-8
Post time 2015-7-8 22:36:34 |Show all posts |
spititout replied at 2015-6-15 23:16
How about 2 simple separate controls for bass & treble?
Can spend too long with equalizer when all I ...

Why not a dual system indeed.
Equalizer and bass/treble!
And yes, remove that song limit.
It's a ridiculous addition to firmware, why would Fiio spend time on such nonsense.
Surely they know better than that, they prove it each time.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X3ii
AMPs
N/A
Head Gears
Grado SR225
regtime
2015-7-9
Post time 2015-7-9 04:48:18 |Show all posts |
Edited by MikeyLNG at 2015-7-15 04:43

1. I'm very surprised to see an electronic device with a screen in 2015 with no clock.

2. Having the option to scale the album art to fit completely.

3. Having an option to show all the track details all the time (including the file type/bitrate).

4. Have an option to use the scroll wheel to seek in the track.

5. I don't know if this is possible as I don't know the processor and if this is too demanding, but a real time "preview" when seeking in a track. Even my phone is capable of this.

6. If you use the scroll wheel to bring up the track list, pressing back while in that list should let explore the directory up rather than take you back to Now Playing. Or pressing the previous/next track button on the front of the device should take you up/down a directory on the player. It's redundant using those as next/last track on the tracklist because you already have the scroll wheel there.

7. It seems there is no way to have "shuffle and repeat list continuously" both at the same time?

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2015-7-9
Post time 2015-7-9 20:34:26 |Show all posts |
Edited by petewhiteside at 2015-7-9 20:39

Hi,

Please add functionality to recognise DISC_NUMBER tag, i cannot start renaming all the files in my 30,000 song library to enable them to view in correct order on the X3.

Enable files to be viewed by Title not filename, again i have 1000's of songs that have varying filename logic..

You potentially have a great product and now apple has discontinued the ipod classic there will be a lot of people looking at your products as a potential alternative, the basic functionality of the device and how it manages the music library and organises the tracks needs a lot of work to bring to a reasonable standard in todays market..

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FLAC
AMPs
Fiio X3II
regtime
2015-7-14
Post time 2015-7-14 06:00:42 from mobile |Show all posts |
Hello,

I am supporting the request for better TAG Support like DISCNUMBER.

My library has a default name scheme.
there are three missing in this firmware version in my opinion.

1. Like said above better Tag support with the possibility to modifiy the view with the Track List, to shorten Long filenames.

2. An accellerator while scrolling through the whole List.
to enable skipping whole letters. example Start scrolling at A and Speed up passing B,c and so on till slow down scrolling the wheel.

3. Please add an Option to select between the id3 Tag Artist and Albumartist.

Kind Regards

Oem111

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio X5-3
AMPs
-
regtime
2015-7-23
Post time 2015-7-23 23:04:16 |Show all posts |
Dear Fiio support,

Thank you very much for a great product and for this thread which would allow you to make x3-ii even better.

I agree with some previous suggestions, in particular:
1. Remove 5800-sings limit (this is certainly the most important).  
2. Do something with scrolling speed when scrolling large playlists. I agree that acceleration could be faster with time, and this seems to be easy to implement.

Also, my large playlists (which contain ~2000 songs) are opening very slowly - I have to wait for about 5 seconds each time I am opening such a playlist. This is a little bit annoying. Could you please try to impove playlists opening speed somehow?

I appreciate your attention to our advice.

Use magic Report

Intermediate Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio X3ii
AMPs
Fiio E11
regtime
2015-7-24
Post time 2015-7-24 05:26:24 |Show all posts |
Edited by varunaravind at 2015-7-24 17:23

Please add the following and i'll have no more complaints and i'd love you guys way more than i already do.

(*) SONG SEARCH FUNCTION    (pleaseee!!!)

(*) REMOVE THE 5800 LIMIT

(*) SPEED UP SCROLLING (letter scrolling - A,B,C,D.. - when rotated faster - like ipod classic)

(*) SHORTCUT KEY FUNCTION TO DISPLAY SONG'S DETAILS WITHOUT ACTUALLY PLAYING IT.

(*) SPEED UP LOADING CATEGORIES (all songs, artists, albums, etc...)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2020-2-26 14:56 , Processed in 0.032508 second(s), 24 queries .