F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fii X3II
AMPs
no
regtime
2016-5-29
Post time 2016-7-23 19:05:37 |Show all posts |
Hello, I hope this forum is still alive and in anticipation of new patches) remembered another unpleasant moment in the program, which can be corrected for proper operation.
The essence is the problem: if you disable sleep mode, the player falls asleep spontaneously on hiatus after 5 minutes, without offering the option to either shut down completely or to remain fully engaged. This small, but sometimes very necessary function, would be very useful in future firmware, including my previous requests for OTG return and the possibility of including the volume in the lock on the scroll wheel. Thank you for your patience, looking forward to the new firmware.

Use magic Report

Technical Support

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5
AMPs
E18
regtime
2014-11-18

Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Master of Publictity Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2016-7-25 16:54:35 |Show all posts |
Xokadi replied at 2016-7-23 19:05
Hello, I hope this forum is still alive and in anticipation of new patches) remembered another unple ...

Hi, Xokadi, when you disable the sleep mode, does it go to the Idle standby mode?

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fii X3II
AMPs
no
regtime
2016-5-29
Post time 2016-7-26 22:48:16 |Show all posts |
Edited by Xokadi at 2016-7-26 23:11
Yellow replied at 2016-7-25 16:54
Hi, Xokadi, when you disable the sleep mode, does it go to the Idle standby mode?

No, I do not consider sleep mode - this is lisch timer. But for standby it does not turn off completely if you disable hibernation, goes to standby mode and wakes up by briefly pressing the power button, ie, without long downloads and screensavers. By default , such as Fiio X1 , in the same situation - is switched off completely.
In the best case , you can leave the time setting inaction , but allow the user to decide - to switch off completely in time, either when switched on standby - off time in the standby mode .

Use magic Report

Technical Support

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5
AMPs
E18
regtime
2014-11-18

Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Master of Publictity Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2016-7-27 18:13:41 |Show all posts |
Xokadi replied at 2016-7-26 22:48
No, I do not consider sleep mode - this is lisch timer. But for standby it does not turn off comple ...

Yes, unlike x1, x3 is standby mode, but in x1 it is Idle power off mode. In x3ii, if it is in standby mode,  you just need to press the power button to wake it up rather then turning it on again. This is convenient to go back your music.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fii X3II
AMPs
no
regtime
2016-5-29
Post time 2016-7-29 01:23:38 |Show all posts |
Yellow replied at 2016-7-27 18:13
Yes, unlike x1, x3 is standby mode, but in x1 it is Idle power off mode. In x3ii, if it is in stan ...

Ok , let this clear and does not interfere, but I paid for OTG function, the manufacturer promises, but now it was not - I was robbed ...I have to choose between OTG function and the new firmware and it's sad   ...return OTG.
Thank you.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio X3II
AMPs
Rotel
Head Gears
Dunu 2000J
regtime
2016-8-1
Post time 2016-8-1 02:05:14 |Show all posts |
Hi all first post
I would like to see a book mark for audio books, this has been mentioned in this thread already.  You loose your place if you select any other track, which is no good in a 8 h audio book
This player is ideal for the new audio books now on release, I like the Doctor who ones which have a high quality recording rate and sound great on the Fiio player

So Please can we have a audio book place marker !!!

Thank you.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fii X3II
AMPs
no
regtime
2016-5-29
Post time 2016-8-20 01:00:30 |Show all posts |
Say, wait for updates?

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2016-8-21
Post time 2016-8-21 09:47:06 |Show all posts |
x3ii fw: 2.0. sometimes i don't feel like using the scroll wheel when i found out that you can use the rw and ff buttons on the main screen to scroll through the menu with the central button to select. however i noticed on going into the settings menu, this alternative selection becomes muddled. you cannot use the rw and fw buttons to scroll the menu items but instead in changes the selection options. SUGGESTION: change the selection options scrolling using the shortcuts button instead. central button stays as select.  this will provide seamless operation when using just buttons.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X3 II
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2015-3-8
Post time 2016-10-10 06:26:12 |Show all posts |
One I haven't seen yet here that is an often used feature for me on my old iPod:

Context menu where if I click it while playing a song that I can jump straight to the artist or the album.  Like if I'm listening to a song from Iron Maiden's Somewhere In Time because of shuffling my entire playlist, let me jump right to the album Somewhere In Time by Iron Maiden instead of having to go to the Album menu and look for Somewhere In Time.  Or let me jump to Iron Maiden (artist) so I can pick another album from them.

Lauren

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio X3 2nd Gen
AMPs
-
regtime
2017-1-28
Post time 2017-1-28 18:42:14 |Show all posts |
Improvements i REALLY need to see in next version:
1) character sets on titles or artist names
- some of my songs have some titles in Hebrew and i cannot see the symbols at all (why is the language not supported at all?)
- some of my songs are in spanish, and accent is also a problem it seems
2) i cannot lock my device so when i have it in my pocket sometimes buttons are pressed accidentally an the device changes song or things like that, why cant we lock it?
3) sometimes mp3 tags are not read correctly, which version should i use?
4) m4b support? (or is it proprietary technology we cannot used anywhere else than in ipod?)
5) update media library progressively instead of each time from scratch?

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio x3ii
AMPs
FiiO e10k
regtime
2017-1-4
Post time 2017-1-28 21:46:36 |Show all posts |
gusschlaien replied at 2017-1-28 18:42
- som ...

There won't be any more updates to x3ii.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FiiO X3-II
AMPs
-
Head Gears
B&W P5
regtime
2016-8-27
Post time 2017-1-30 02:22:48 |Show all posts |
gusschlaien replied at 2017-1-28 18:42
- som ...

Here's a link to a guide showing how to display hebrew on the x3ii
Hope this helps

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio X3II
AMPs
None
Head Gears
B&W S2 over-ear cushions; Sony WH-1000XM3; Shure SE215
regtime
2016-11-23
Post time 2017-1-30 17:17:03 from mobile |Show all posts |
It would be nice to have select/unselect and select all feature in track list. For example long pressing upper left button, choose "select" and tick tracks you'd like to add in a playlist.

Opensource would be awesome.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
M9 -- X3II
AMPs
MF ARC
Head Gears
Senn. HD700
regtime
2015-11-6
Post time 2017-2-10 02:45:04 |Show all posts |
Can we get a concrete yes or no from someone at Fiio as to whether or not the X3II is done receiving FW updates?

I'm always mildly put off by (what I first perceived as an innocent language gap) in Fiio's use of the word "Final" in the 2.0 FW upgrade announce (http://fiio.net/en/story/455). I feel as though I recall someone from Fiio stating that their use of the word "Final" was to signify that this release was "out of beta", as it were, but it seems like Fiio's been releasing a lot of new products and a lot of upgrades for said products recently and that our devices may be going the way of the dodo.

Just a yes or no from someone at Fiio would, I'm sure, at least put some false hopes to rest in the community.

As well, if the answer is "yes, no more FW updates", then I'd be very interested in hearing someone from Fiio directly respond to the constant requests for the FW to be open-source so that we can make our own improvements as a community and keep our devices going for potentially years to come.

No reasonable person would expect Fiio to support people who brick their devices through their own stupidity (were open-source to be the case), so the "we can't support this" argument isn't very strong.

<3

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2017-2-23
Post time 2017-2-23 16:30:34 |Show all posts |

RE: X3 2nd Gen. Firmware Suggestions

Edited by Bitofiio6 at 2017-2-23 09:32
When playing Mp3 files it does not show bitrate (Quality), I mean, 320kbs, 128kbs, 192kbs, etc. It would be very useful to know whether we are playing a file with good/poor bitrate. Now it only shows something like "Mp3 44.1khz/16bit" although it is impossible to know bitrate.

I don't know if the little icon on the left of the name of files is big enough to be changed by
mp3

mp3

m4a

etc... ?

And about my opinion of the F 2.0 of the X3 2nd, i think we can use the screen better !

It can be great to have a setting to change the color of the fonts !

It's important for you all, to have on the screen, when you play a song:
Name of the song ? = That is essential
Artist name ? = That is essential too
Name of the album ? = No really
MP3 44.1Khz/16bit ? = For me MP3 info is better like that "128kbps / JS" (JS = Join stereo)

And i dont know why it's necessary to have a second time the song name at the bottom of the screen ?

I think the icons are not necessary or usefull for name of the song, artist name and album name, it's using space for nothing !

One question about the setting called "Gain":

We have the choice beetwin L <-> H But what is the regular use ? Low or High ?

Just to know if "High" mean "normal audio level" or if it is an "audio boost" ?

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X3-2mod, X7
AMPs
AM5
regtime
2017-4-27
Post time 2017-4-27 16:09:33 |Show all posts |
I found some software bug in firmware 2.0

The new function "DAC output reconstruction lowpass filter options" not working correct.

After power on this option is set into "steep slope" independently of menu option. If I want to set "gentle slope" I must swith off and switch on again "gentle slope" in the menu option. Then, if I put out the phone jack and put in it again, the option is set again into "steep slope". Moreover if the file format is changed (for example it was 44/16 and changed to 96/24) the option is set into "steep slope" even the menu option is in the "gentle slope".

It is very uncomfortable, because I like the sound in the "gentle slope" mode and I need to reset the menu option after every power off or file format changing.

I think some problem in programming bit  "Interpolation Filter Select (FILT_SEL) Bit 2" of the DAC.  
Could you fixed it in new firmware?

Here some picture where I found how lowpass filter is working now.
steep_88-16.gif
gentle_88-16.gif

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
ripped cds, mostly
AMPs
X3II
regtime
2017-6-25
Post time 2017-6-25 20:47:05 |Show all posts |
New to the party here, and possibly just as it's about to finish, but I can live in hope.  In any case, my disappointment with the user interface is, I believe, common to all Fiio players and also many from other brands too.

It seems to me that the most basic function of a user interface for a device which is capaple of storing quite a large music collection is to allow the user to select easily what will be played and in what order.  I can't really do this with firmware v2.0.  I can select one album/folder and start playing it from a particular track, and I can play one track then stop.  That's about it.  I can do that with a CD walkman.

Yes, there are playlists, but they cannot easily be created - it has to be done externally (not acceptable to me, I want to make my selection from the player, whilst I'm away from any sort of PC) or I can add one track at a time, and it has to be the track that's currently playing and involves between 4 and 7 button presses/wheel movements just to add one song!

I could add the songs I want to favourites?  well, not really, That has the same issue as creating playlists.  Yes, there's a process for adding several tracks at once, but the tracks must be selected from a list of every track on the memory card, sorted into alphanumeric order by filename - even more tedious and error-prone.

My solution to this would be the following:

In the file and category browsers use the shortcuts button to pop-up options to add the highlighted item to a playlist (ideally, the now-playing list by default).  The highlighted item could be a single song, a folder, an album, an artist name or even a category.

Other options would be add to favourites and (if add to now playing is implemented) add to a saved playlist.  The shortcut to "add to playlist" in the now playing screen can stay there, and add the song to a saved playlist.

At the moment, the shortcuts in category browsers simply change category, which seems a bit pointless as there is already a quick way to change category - long press on return, click centre button, scroll to new category, press centre button - only one click more than using the shortcuts and that for something I won't want to do very often.

At the moment, the 'now playing' list doesn't have any shortcuts - 'add to favourites', 'add to saved playlist' and 'remove from now playing' would work well here.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2020-2-26 14:10 , Processed in 0.031977 second(s), 24 queries .