FiiO Forums

Retrieve Password
Register Now
/Sign In
Search
Author: RebeccaSugar

FiiO X1, X3 II, X5 II, X7 Version Feature Mega-Thread!

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
SL-SX480
AMPs
Objective2
DACs
ODAC B
Head Gears
K240 DF
regtime
2015-10-21
Post time 2015-10-25 17:13:43 |Show all posts |
Edited by alphire at 2015-10-25 17:25
-It would be really nice to also be able to use the USB DAC in combination with mobile phones and tablets...

I think it's actually possible. X3II acts as class-compliant USB Audio device. More likely scenario is that your mobile phone/tablet doesn't support USB OTG or you lack software to access X3II as DAC (UAPP).

-When you plug the X3 in your PC for either storage or DAC use, it completely forgets what song it was playing, and thus also at what minute/second it was. Please just make it only pause the song when you plug it in and not completely forget the song.

That's correct for 1.3 firmware. In 1.1 it always remembered the song as far as I know.

Use magic Report

Intermediate Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio X3 2nd gen, ZTE Axon 7 mini
AMPs
none
Head Gears
DT770 80ohm, soundmagic E10, Sony MDR-V55
regtime
2015-10-23
Post time 2015-10-25 18:43:40 |Show all posts |
I think it's actually possible. X3II acts as class-compliant USB Audio device. More likely scenario is that your mobile phone/tablet doesn't support USB OTG or you lack software to access X3II as DAC (UAPP).

But using OTG it only reads the SD in your phone right? using streaming services like soundcloud is not possible. (Not really familiar with USB OTG)
Fiio X3ii
Beyer Dynamic DT770 80ohm
Soundmagic E10

Use magic Report

Prime Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X3II, X5, Note 4, iPod Touch 5th gen, iPod Touch 3rd gen
AMPs
Alpen E17, Alpen E17K
DACs
X3II, X5
Head Gears
Senn PX360, Momentum Wireless, Momentum 1.0, Senn HD700, Marshall Monitors, Bose AE2W (BT), Xioami Piston 2.1 (2)
regtime
2015-2-3
Post time 2015-10-26 01:44:46 |Show all posts |
JeTa replied at 2015-10-25 18:43
But using OTG it only reads the SD in your phone right? using streaming services like soundcloud i ...

No. It would act as the soundcard for the phone, instead of using the heaphone out jack of the phone. So whatever software you use to play the media, the Fiio device would output the sound for that. The problem with (android) phones is that, since you cannot turn off charging of the Fiio device while attached via OTG cable, it draws too much power to work correctly using a(n) (Android) phone on most phones.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
PC
AMPs
Rotel
regtime
2015-10-25
Post time 2015-10-26 01:55:46 |Show all posts |
For me, as an owner of an X5II,  with 18,000 songs  on it, it becomes impossibly slow to use.
It might be ok if it had a ALPHABETIC SEARCH facility, but that is missing and renders my device almost unusable.
As a firmware writer myself, I know that search facilities are not rocket science to write code-for.

Other features seriously missing:
1) name of track is more important than the filename. The category search must allow for that.

2) there must be a faster way of going through a list of songs. With 18,000 tracks, scrolling through sequencial alphabetic files is impossibly slow.

3) In the Playing screen, why is the track title so small ?  All the font sizes need to be increased at least one step. I am 64 years old,  and my eyes can barely read the tiny characters.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FLAC, mp3
AMPs
fiio X5II
regtime
2015-10-30
Post time 2015-10-30 02:35:00 |Show all posts |
Edited by Lay-Z187 at 2015-10-30 02:38

Hi,

I recently changed my mobile audio device from a modded iRiver H380 to Fiio X5II. I'm quite happy with it but I miss one very useful function. With my old iRiver I could browse my music files while one song was playing and select the next song to play. You could do this easily with fiio x5's upper left button. That's a very easy function but very worthful on the go.

Plus. With my iRiver I could select A-B repeat within a song. That would be nice to have with my X5II, too.

What do you say?

Best,

Kai

Use magic Report

Intermediate Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio X3 2nd gen, ZTE Axon 7 mini
AMPs
none
Head Gears
DT770 80ohm, soundmagic E10, Sony MDR-V55
regtime
2015-10-23
Post time 2015-11-1 00:25:42 |Show all posts |
I guess I'm going to purchase a OTG cable than.

two more features I didn't mention in my feature request post:
1. This one has been asked many times already, but there needs to be an increasement in scroll speed, it takes +- 100 (!) full turns to scroll through 800 songs on my X3ii. So I can't really imagine what the thumbs of people with over 5000 songs are going through. o_0

2. I listen to a lot of songs made by multiple artists. But you can't really sort the songs with multiple artists with the Fiio software. Windows media player has the function that when you put a ; between artists (in the artist metadata tag) the programm recognises them as seperate artists. this would make the sort by artist function a lot more functional for lots of people.
Fiio X3ii
Beyer Dynamic DT770 80ohm
Soundmagic E10

Use magic Report

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FiiO X3 II
AMPs
Sony
DACs
FiiO X3 II
Head Gears
FiiO EX 1
regtime
2015-8-30
Post time 2015-12-4 07:39:12 |Show all posts |
Edited by Plesk90 at 2015-12-4 07:40

We need a better tags support!  On my FiiO X3 2nd Gen the traks's title tags are displayed only in the now playing screen, the title tag should be displayed instead of the file name even when browsing all the songs or the tracks of an album.

Use magic Report

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
x7
AMPs
x7
regtime
2015-12-29
Post time 2015-12-29 20:17:46 |Show all posts |
The Music app could be improved with some minor changes. I have multiple albums for many of the artists in my collection and would like to be able to play certain tracks from a specific album by navigating Artist==>Album==>Track(s).

So, in Agile terms, as a User I want to be able to:
- Navigate Artist ==>Album==>Track in as few clicks as possible.
- Have Compilation albums grouped as a single "Various Artists" artist - I don't want to see every artist on my compilation albums in the Artist lists - there are hundreds of artists with only 1 or 2 tracks each.
- Have album tracks numbered and play in sequence.

As a suggestion:
- Change the existing Artist search to default to Album mode (Perhaps make it configurable in settings?) and group compilation albums. Display the album tracks when an album is selected and allow playing to start from a selected track rather than just from the first track.

And/OR

- Add an additional Artist selection option based on the Folders that have been scanned into the music database. So, it could work like the existing Folder selection but inlcude artwork and all music whether on the internal or SD storage.

I hope you will be able to implement these suggestions, it would make a big improvement and form other comments I have seen on various forums it appears that many X7 owners would find this useful.

Many Thanks

Midnight

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio X1
regtime
2015-12-31
Post time 2015-12-31 23:52:56 |Show all posts |
I just received a Fiio X1 with firmware 1.6, and I am quite impressed thus far.  I knew there were a few limitations going in, so I was able to look past them.

I have a few suggestions, though, that I would like to see included in a future firmware update

1--Pause means pause.  If a track is paused, the X1 should not play a track until the play button is pushed.  I do not like that the X1 plays automatically at startup or when previous or next track buttons are pressed, even if the X1 is paused.

2--Allow other buttons to wake up the X1 from the lockscreen.  Perhaps turning the scroll wheel or pushing the shortcut button can wake up the display.

3--Resize album art to fit the display.  Most of my mp3s are embedded with 1000x1000 pixel artwork.  I can only see the top half of the art as it is currently resized to fit the width of the art, not the height of it.

4--Larger text.  I know it's been mentioned before.  It is hard to read the info for the currently playing track without holding it really closely.  Especially with busy artwork, the font just disappears.

5--Additional information displayed for the currently playing track.  I would like to see the album year included.  Perhaps leave the information on the screen at all times, not just the track title.  The iPod Video does a good job fitting both album art and track information on the same-sized screen.

Hopefully Fiio continues to improve the UI for the X1 and seriously considers all the suggestions made here.

Use magic Report

Prime Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5 2nd Gen
AMPs
E12A, iFi iCan Micro, K5
DACs
Chord Mojo, X5II
Head Gears
HD-800, Fidelio X2,V-Moda M-100; V-moda XS, , Logitech UE 9000
regtime
2015-7-17
Post time 2016-1-1 18:20:36 |Show all posts |
lithophone replied at 2015-12-31 23:52
I just received a Fiio X1 with firmware 1.6, and I am quite impressed thus far.  I knew there were a ...

For Your Point 3.. I have never had issues with artwork. All my artwork is displayed as per screen size.I use software called metadatics in Mac to tag & list all information including artwork of the songs and then transfer them to the DAP. No issues so Far.

For your point-4 Larger text issue has been raised many times but due to the limitation of the software it is not possible. However, some users have developed themes for the X5II which you could search in other sites like Head-fi.

Like you said Fiio should consider suggestions and improve the same as in the case of X1 which I am sure they would.
Source: X5II, Amplifier : iFi iCan Micro + E12A + K5
Headphones: HD800 + X2 Fidelio + V-Moda M100 + V-Moda XS + UE9000.
IEMS: Shure 535 + KEF 200M

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
x1, x1II
AMPs
none
regtime
2016-1-2
Post time 2016-1-2 18:29:10 |Show all posts |
Edited by kepala at 2016-1-2 18:31

I still miss a nice feature You used to have at MD drives:
A counter for the album times (total time and time left to the end).
I liked this for scheduling (at the end of the album I have to go to a meeting a.s.o.).
The best place whould be aside the time graph of the elapsed title play time.

In Play Mode the last line: File type/frequenzy/resolution
is very uninforming (for me, in my case always the same: File type/44.1kHz/16bit).
Much more informing (for me) whould be: File type/Bitrate[kbps]/Rate control mode[CBR,VBR],
p.E.: mp3/192kbps/VBR or: wma/128kbps/CBR.

Use magic Report

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5 II
AMPs
X5 II
regtime
2015-12-14
Post time 2016-1-3 21:19:21 |Show all posts |
I did not see any major issue with the current firmware, but the interface in my opinion can be optimized a lot:

1) The scrollwheel is a perfect volume adjuster for screen off, but it is very hard to enable without watching at the screen. I suggest to add the possibility to always enable the scroll wheel during screen off. I would like to fine adjust the volume while listening the music without interruptions or the need to click infinite times the volume buttons

2)The search feature i've seen  in the beta fw is a starting point, i would like to extend this search to any part of the name, not just the starting point

3)I would like to have the possibility to negrect the eventual track number at the start of the name of the song. I'm fed up to searc in the hundreds of "01 - ...."

I like so much the X5 II !

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
x1, x1II
AMPs
none
regtime
2016-1-2
Post time 2016-1-4 01:19:32 |Show all posts |
It whould be better to summarize the Version Features for each item separetly!
So I'm not interrested in Versions of models I do'nt have.

Use magic Report

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5 II
AMPs
X5 II
regtime
2015-12-14
Post time 2016-1-4 02:56:54 |Show all posts |
probably they work on a common architecture and UI features will be implemented all together... i hope

Use magic Report

Prime Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Qobuz, PCM24/192
AMPs
Technics SA DX-750
DACs
FiiO X5 II
Head Gears
RHA 20i, Sennheiser i300
regtime
2015-12-24
Post time 2016-1-5 04:50:24 |Show all posts |
Edited by azazules at 2016-1-5 21:24

Hi!

Let's try this :
**Option in menu to resample only Digital Out to 48khz**
To enable using the Digital Out with including all old digital decoder/home cinema and to prepare AC3 management; only if Digital Out is selected and connected of course.
    -- downsample to 24bits 48khz for higher samplerate files
    -- upsample to either 16bits 44.1khz or 48khz for lower samplerate files (eg.: 22050hz => 44.1khz; 16bits => 16bits)

**AC3 management**
   -- decode frequency domain codec AC3 music to 24bits (or 16bits to the least) headphone & line-out
And if digital out is enabled and connected:
   -- passthru AC3 to digital out coax (regardless of the number of channels from 1.0 to 5.1)
   -- transcode to 48khz samplerate AC3 at 640kb/s with lowpass set at frequency 24khz (not lower) to digital out coax (regardless of the number of channels from 1.0 to 5.1 = dsd, aac, wav...)

**Genre multitrack file management**
   -- FiiO X5 II fw1.21: fix this: today "Genre" property is not read from multi-track flac tag or corresponding internal/external cuesheet; it should be read from both, I think.

Happy New Year.

Use magic Report

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
x7
AMPs
x7
regtime
2015-12-29
Post time 2016-1-6 06:15:49 |Show all posts |
X7 - Some writing is too small and feint to read easily (or at all in my case).  e.g. Artist names.

It would be good if this was made more legible, even just making the writing brighter would make a big difference.

Use magic Report

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
SL-SX480
AMPs
Objective2
DACs
ODAC B
Head Gears
K240 DF
regtime
2015-10-21
Post time 2016-1-6 16:05:41 |Show all posts |
Edited by alphire at 2016-1-6 16:18

Summary of my feature requests:

Important:
- reduce buffering/internal latency on X3II, as its usage as DAC is vastly limited by it

- allow support for USB 1 Audio Class on all your DAC-enabled players, now what that means - No drivers are necessary for any Operating System including Windows 10!
Very convenient for almost all users & Fiio itself!

- OGG-Opus support - it's relatively young format, but vastly superior to any lossy codec available, it's open-source and doesn't require radical changes in firmware when Vorbis is already supported, be the first to support it portable! Implementation is very easy and devs can help you with it. Anything else is just an excuse. From their wiki:

I would like to optimize/improve/help with Opus. Where should I start?Please contact us before you start, or at least before you get too far.
This will help coordinate the efforts made on Opus and reduce the probability of wasting your time on duplicated effort or going down the wrong path.

- ReplayGain support - no need for introduction

Optional:
- Two modes for equalizer - Booster and Attenuator
Booster automatically apply -6dB to source material to prevent clipping and then let user manipulate the bands.
With Attenuator, all bands are maxed at 0dB and user can go only down. Attenuator thus don't change the volume.
With current state, user lose 6dB even though their aim could be only to attenuate certain band.

Use magic Report

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5 II
AMPs
X5 II
regtime
2015-12-14
Post time 2016-1-7 05:09:09 |Show all posts |
Two modes for equalizer - Booster and Attenuator

that will be a very important improvement. Together with different recording volume of the songs (Issue solved with support for ReplayGain) is the biggest issue that disturbs the listening

Use magic Report

Prime Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Qobuz, PCM24/192
AMPs
Technics SA DX-750
DACs
FiiO X5 II
Head Gears
RHA 20i, Sennheiser i300
regtime
2015-12-24
Post time 2016-1-12 01:40:40 |Show all posts |
**Enable full display of Album Art**
When an Album Art is found, resize it to fit screen keeping Art aspect ratio.
Eg. : album art is 1000x1000, on FiiO X5 II resize to 360x360 and display on the 400x360 screen with left/right borders derived from theme in use. See example jpg image.
example-The Wall-400x360.jpg

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X3 2nd gen
AMPs
NA
regtime
2015-12-10
Post time 2016-1-14 20:12:08 |Show all posts |
alphire replied at 2016-1-6 16:05
Summary of my feature requests:

Important:

+1 for "reduce buffering/internal latency on X3II" and "allow support for USB 1 Audio Class on all your DAC-enabled players""

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2019-10-24 12:03 , Processed in 0.030452 second(s), 22 queries .