FiiO Forums

Retrieve Password
Register Now
/Sign In
Search
Author: RebeccaSugar

FiiO X1, X3 II, X5 II, X7 Version Feature Mega-Thread!

Prime Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5 2nd Gen
AMPs
E12A, iFi iCan Micro, K5
DACs
Chord Mojo, X5II
Head Gears
HD-800, Fidelio X2,V-Moda M-100; V-moda XS, , Logitech UE 9000
regtime
2015-7-17
Post time 2016-2-1 21:28:15 |Show all posts |
XVortex replied at 2016-2-1 16:19
Also please consider to add more (infinite) theme slots. Now we can have only five (on X5ii), but My ...

I am sure the Fiio techies in the development team reading your post shall do something.
Source: X5II, Amplifier : iFi iCan Micro + E12A + K5
Headphones: HD800 + X2 Fidelio + V-Moda M100 + V-Moda XS + UE9000.
IEMS: Shure 535 + KEF 200M

Use magic Report

Intermediate Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FiiO X5ii
AMPs
FiiO X5ii
regtime
2016-1-14
Post time 2016-2-1 21:50:28 |Show all posts |
Edited by XVortex at 2016-2-1 21:52

Ok. thanks.
Also here is Windows_1251_unicode_tbl.bin - table for Windows--->Unicode character transcoding for Russian.
Please add this to next X5ii (or other) firmware.

Windows_1251_unicode_tbl.zip

574 Bytes, Downloads: 843

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2015-12-27
Post time 2016-2-2 15:50:16 |Show all posts |
I make my own playlists and sometimes they are hundreds of songs large.
Is there any way Fiio could develop an option to play songs that have been played the least to play first, so I'm not hearing the same 80 songs all the time?
I think Winamp have this option, and it means while I ride my motorbike I should eventually hear every song in the play list.

Oh, and the brighter screen please

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
XF1
AMPs
None
regtime
2016-1-25
Post time 2016-2-14 01:22:13 |Show all posts |
Add update of metadata fields: Last Play Date; # of Plays

Add ability to rate songs on 1-5 star basis (again a metadata update)

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2015-6-4
Post time 2016-3-8 07:07:09 |Show all posts |
I would like to suggest a new Category - Filetype. Sometimes it might be nice to just play the dsf or flac files. Or whatever type.

Thanks

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio X1
AMPs
None
regtime
2016-3-8
Post time 2016-3-9 01:53:22 from mobile |Show all posts |
Group together music with the same album according to their track on the genre view.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2016-3-11
Post time 2016-3-11 19:32:45 |Show all posts |
Hello all.

Recently purchased and received the X5II, and it's a wonderful player. Sounds great. Been reading through the forums a bunch, and wanted to make a few suggestion.

1. I want to echo the comments of others wishing for a better system for building playlists on the device. My thought is either the use of the Shortcuts button while browsing songs, albums, or artists. Simply adding an additional option to the current menu that appears would be very useful. I don't know about other users, but I rarely utilize the sorting feature here. Thus, even for those that use it regularly, placing the "Add to playlist" option in either the center (for fast access when building a playlist on the go) or the far right or left (to keep it from being used accidentally) would seem like the most elegant solutions to this much-requested feature.

2. Like everyone else here, I have a large collection of music, and single entry scrolling can be very tedious. I would love to be able to move by letter. I understand that accelerated scrolling (vis a vis iPod) is very cpu intensive. My recommendation here is as follows:

A. When not on the Now Playing screen, adjust the use of the Back and Forward buttons. Instead of short presses skipping to the next/previous track (which they only do inside of albums, or at the song level) or moving to the next item on the list, have them advance the cursor to the first entry of the next letter alphabetically. Enable the long press as a next/back function from all layers except Now Playing. The scroll wheel provides adequate speed inside of letters overall, and jumping from one letter to another would be greatly expedited.

B. Instead of having back/forward move from one letter to another (processor intensive) have it advance a set number of rows (more simple, less intensive). Allow this number to be set by the user (25, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000, etc.). This seriously lowers the complexity of the function while still enabling a much faster navigation of the library. This is also very easy to turn on/off, which could also be a user definable option, letting those with smaller collections continue to use the back/forward buttons in the classical sense, while those of us with copious collections are able to navigate expediently. Two new controls are added under settings, and the problem is solved very simply.

3. I am notably in the minority with this request. I have a sizable collection of audiobooks, many of which are very large files. I realize that under the current firmware, playback position is saved inside of RAM, and only applies when turning on/off. It is wiped when connecting to a computer, and it is not maintained when moving to another file. Rather than trying to seek 11 hours into a 13 hour file, it would be incredibly helpful to have some sort of position cache. This could be stored on the left SD card and recalled at need.

A. The cache files themselves would be fairly small, containing only file and position information. Ideally, it could be enabled file by file utilizing the Shortcuts button on the now playing screen as an additional menu item. Ideally after the Add to Playlist option or before the Delete option. This prevents normal music files from being effected and disrupting the average user's experience, but enabling long files to retain a more permanent record. To minimize battery drain and processor time, the system could only update every thirty seconds, or every minute, or every five. This could be user selectable in the Play Settings menu, or simply defined in the firmware. It's much easier to fast forward five minutes that 11 hours. The files would be small, only created at the user's request, and take very little from the processor or battery to generate or recall.

B. It could also be used to replace the current RAM system for resuming playback after power on/off, by simply maintaining a record on the currently played song that is deleted if the RESUME option is not selected in the Now Playing Shortcut menu. This may be too much to implement as an alternative to the current RAM system, and could be used as only as part of the power off sequence, and be re-written to RAM after power on. Might be too intensive to implement this way.

Once again, thank you for this excellent player. I truly enjoy it, and it sounds amazing. I hope these requests are well described and may be included in a future update.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio X3K
AMPs
Arcam A-28
regtime
2015-11-22
Post time 2016-3-12 07:49:16 |Show all posts |
I wish I there was a volume control for line out on X3 2nd gen (maybe others want it as well).

Use magic Report

Prime Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5 2nd Gen
AMPs
E12A, iFi iCan Micro, K5
DACs
Chord Mojo, X5II
Head Gears
regtime
2015-7-17
Post time 2016-3-12 14:05:13 |Show all posts |
Mr_Wizard replied at 2016-3-11 19:32
Hello all.

Recently purchased and received the X5II, and it's a wonderful player. Sounds great. Bee ...

WE shall let the developer Team know. I am sure they will consider some point in the next update. Cheers

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2016-3-11
Post time 2016-3-13 09:26:54 |Show all posts |
Thanks, shitzu. We all appreciate the work you, the other moderators, and the development team do. It's wonderful to feel heard and to have requests and recommendations by the community considered.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X1, X3II, X5II, X5III
AMPs
J
DACs
DMY
regtime
2015-12-28
Post time 2016-3-13 22:17:16 |Show all posts |
Mr_Wizard replied at 2016-3-13 09:26
Thanks, shitzu. We all appreciate the work you, the other moderators, and the development team do. I ...

yep you right we have here an open ear @shitzu who try the best to deliver us the best.
as i said before x5II is a great product Sound is 1 of a kind and we cant wait for the next update i hope it will fix my media updae lib freez issue

*if possibel that resume playback feature when power on device should be on pause mode not on play mode.

*when going into an artist should be an option "play all songs" from this artist.

*add category menu "recntly added misic.

*add feature in category menu "shuffle all songs".

sorry if ther was this requests before but i dont have the time to read all posts till now so firgve me if i doubble a reqest.

thanks fiio
and thanks mr @shitzu

Use magic Report

Prime Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Qobuz, PCM24/192
AMPs
Technics SA DX-750
DACs
FiiO X5 II
Head Gears
RHA 20i, Sennheiser i300
regtime
2015-12-24
Post time 2016-3-14 18:40:39 |Show all posts |

X5 II / 32bits decode of lossy tracks :-)

Edited by azazules at 2016-3-14 18:45

[edit] found that now submitted to your sagacity : http://mp3decoders.mp3-tech.org/24bit.html

Hello,

I am copying a post I have pushed to maybe the wrong place. Apologize

mp3, aac-lc, aac-he, ogg should all be decoded to higher than 16b bitdepth and passed to the DAC.

Can you please do lossy codec decoding computed from end to end on 32 bits instead of decoding to 16b; also making sure ReplayGain and Equalizer are computed on 32 bits?
No step in decoding should involve less than 32b operations, exept for the last step from 32b->24b (*no* dither needed here) to feed the 24b DAC.

And also add support for ac3 (ac3 32b decode and ac3 digital coax. passthru/or PCM via system menu option)?

Thanks
        [ original discussion: http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41162 ]

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2016-3-1
Post time 2016-3-15 21:18:40 |Show all posts |
New X7 Owner

Generally really pleased with the purchase of the X7, but coming from being an iPod Classic (160Gb) owner to an Android based unit has highlighted just how user friendly the Apple player was.

Things that I would be really pleased to see addressed with the X7 are:

1) Easier generation of playlists (mentioned by others) - the FiiO method is too slow & cumbersome. My iPod playlists contain around 2,500 songs - this may take some time to replicate on the X7

2) Increased volume for Bluetooth headphones. I have the Momentum 2.0 wireless over ears & feel at least a 40% increase is needed over the current max.

3) I also have the Sennheiser Android remote cable that I use with the Momentums when I'm using the X7 for longer durations.  The volume adjustment doesn't work with the X7 (although it does with other Android devices) - can this be fixed as it is an issue with the X7?

Hopefully these can be addressed in the next firmware update?

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio X5ii
AMPs
none
regtime
2016-2-7
Post time 2016-3-16 05:02:41 |Show all posts |
Please add Recently Added songs menu on Fiio X5 ii

Use magic Report

Intermediate Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
x5ii
AMPs
x5ii
Head Gears
Sennheiser HD 650, Dunu DN-2000J, Sennheiser HD 598, Sennheiser HD 25-1, SoundMAGIC e50
regtime
2016-3-19
Post time 2016-3-22 02:50:32 |Show all posts |
Another nice feature would be to have a clock on x5ii (probably feature not present on x1 and x3 either). Hopefully it is supported by the HW.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X3ii
AMPs
X3ii
Head Gears
Sennheiser HD 598
regtime
2016-4-6
Post time 2016-4-6 02:58:15 |Show all posts |
Hi Guys,

Just popping over from Headfi to register my X3ii. I'm enjoying it immensely and just want to add my feedback.

I absolutely second the idea of a dynamic playlist feature. The ability to add a song or an entire folder of songs to a playlist at once on the go without having to manually name and create a playlist would be fantastic. This could be added to the shortcuts button when you hold it down whilst browsing songs. Also seeing a playlist duration total would be very handy.

Another key feature I think is missing would be a bookmark function to save a position in a track. This would be extremely useful for podcasts and audiobooks, so you don't feel the need to listen to the whole thing at once before listening to something else.

I haven't seen this mentioned, but I would like the ability to view the properties of a file.

It would also be handy to be able to view on the while playing screen which song is about to play next, or maybe when you use the scroll button on the while playing screen show an updated play list order. This would mainly be useful of when Shuffle is activated.

Speaking of Shuffle, I haven't tested this, but does Shuffle play through the playlist once, or is it on loop? It think Shuffle should be changed to that you can choose to have it on or off independent of whether the different loop types are activated. Basically you would see on your screen the same way it is now whether Shuffle was on, but you could also see which loop mode was on too. Make Shuffle like the favourites function.

Thanks very much guys, I'm loving my X3ii!

Use magic Report

Prime Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5 2nd Gen
AMPs
E12A, iFi iCan Micro, K5
DACs
Chord Mojo, X5II
Head Gears
regtime
2015-7-17
Post time 2016-4-6 11:34:40 |Show all posts |
Software limitations is the KEY.

Use magic Report

Intermediate Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5 gen ii: MP3, WAV, FLAC
AMPs
???
regtime
2015-9-9
Post time 2016-5-5 12:44:41 |Show all posts |
1) As someone who once had my "favorites" list obliterated when I had to reset the device after it hung, I would like to add:

the ability to export your 'favorites'(a.k.a. 'collection') as a saved file on your PC/computer, adn the ability to import that back in to the device, so that essentially, the list of favorites can be backed up and protected.

NOTABLY, this also allows you to transfer the favorites to a new device: when I upgraded to X5 gen II, I had to start making my 'favorites' list all over again...

2) ability to save, by song or album, preference for a volume boost. we know from a bug in some firmware that the system will boost 'custom' equalizer by +6dB until you switch teh equalizer on and off again. HOWEVER, this +6dB boost, while a disaster for newer high volume songs, would be very much desired for older music files recorded at low volume settings.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FiiO X3 I
AMPs
TPA3116
regtime
2016-5-5
Post time 2016-5-6 20:47:42 |Show all posts |
Opus Audio Codec support

Please add Opus audio codec support. It is royalty free. Decoder source code is available for free. It is better than MP3.

Already a discussion going on here.,
http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40895

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5 2nd Gen
AMPs
-
Head Gears
Momentum 2.0
regtime
2016-4-26
Post time 2016-5-8 20:56:12 |Show all posts |
Hi!
About X5 II:

1) Is it possible to add volume control using headphone's remote?
2) Also it would be great to continue playback by headphones remote while X5 is in sleep mode.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2019-10-24 13:46 , Processed in 0.033622 second(s), 22 queries .