Edited by FiiO at 2016-4-22 20:09 |
How to upgrade the X7 firmware?
Firmware upgrades may enhance functionality of the player but improper operation while upgrading may render the player unusable! Please read the following instructions carefully to upgrade the firmware:
1. Ensure that the X7 is adequately (preferably fully) charged before attempting to upgrade.
2. Copy the update file "X7 update.zip" provided by FiiO into the root directory of a FAT32 formatted micro SD card in the X7 (or root directory of the X7's internal storage) >>Click to download the firmware
3. With the SD card in the X7, turn on the X7 in Android mode and open Techniacal support app, then select 'Firmware Upgrade'>external_sd (or internal_sd if you put the file in internal storage) and select X7 update.zip. The folloing dialog appears:"Confirm upgrading firmware with selected file?" "Cancel OK"
After clicking "OK", wait patiently and do not operate the X7. The X7 will automatically restart and enter firmware update mode.
After the firmware upgrade is complete, the X7 will restart again in normal android mode for use.
Notes and precautions:
1. If attempting upgrade using SD card, the SD card should be formatted in FAT32; if upgrade fails, try using a card of 32GB capacity or under, format it using the X7 (back up data on the card first), copy X7 update.zip inside again and attempt upgrade again.
2. If attempting upgrade using internal memory, there needs to be adequate free space (preferably over 1GB); copy X7 update.zip to the internal storage and select "internal_sd" for the upgrade.
3. Do not push the X7's buttons while the upgrade is in progress.4. Users can directly upgrade the X7 to the latest firmware skipping the medial version.
5. The X7 can not be downgraded because it runs Android system.
1. Copy the update file "X7 update.zip" provided by FiiO into the root directory of a FAT32 formatted micro SD card in the X7 (or root directory of the X7's internal storage) >>Click to download the firmware
2. With the card inserted, turn off the X7 (if not already off), then turn on the X7 with the volume –button to enter recovery mode.
3. Using the volume +/- buttons, move cursor to “apply update from external storage”, use power button to select, and choose the X7 update.zip file.
4. Press the power button again to select the file for updating the X7. After the update is complete, choose “reboot system now” to restart the X7 in Android mode.