FiiO Forums

Retrieve Password
Register Now
/Sign In
Search
!show!: 9036|Reply: 2

Is X1 2nd gen 's Line Out adjustable? If so, is it fake Line Out?

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2016-10-10 20:16:20 |Show all posts |
Edited by FiiO-Shadow at 2016-11-16 16:06

Q:  Is X1 2nd gen 's Line Out adjustable? If so, is it fake Line Out?

A: 1. There are two modes for Line Out: fixed-level and volume-adjustable. If you choose fixed-level ,there are three fixed level outputs: 0db,-3 db and -6 db. While choosing volume-adjustable, you can press the volume buttons to adjust the output sound level. (The Fixed-level value setting is not available under volume-adjustable mode)
Note: Fixed-level mode means the output level is fixed, not affected by sound volume levels. And because the output level is very high, we recommend you to connect it with an amplifier. If you connect it directly to the headphones in this case, the loud music may cause damage to your hearing.

2. The definition of Line Out is mainly depends on whether the sound siganls will go through amplifier circuits or not. Volume-adjustable in Line Out refers to adjusting the output voltage level instead of the power. Actaully the judging criteria is easy: the volume-adjustable Line Out that doesn't go through amp circuits is real Line Out.  

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5
AMPs
DIY
regtime
2017-1-5
Post time 2017-1-5 12:26:52 |Show all posts |
I have a X5 2nd gen (FW 2.1) and with the Line Out Mode set to Volume Adjustable I can adjust the volume when playing FLAC or WAV files, but not DSD files.  The DSD files only play at a fixed (loud) volume.  

Any help in understanding why this is the case would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5
AMPs
DIY
regtime
2017-1-5
Post time 2017-1-5 12:36:35 |Show all posts |
dtcicero replied at 2017-1-5 12:26
I have a X5 2nd gen (FW 2.1) and with the Line Out Mode set to Volume Adjustable I can adjust the vo ...

Never mind I found the answer in another post.  By design, playing DSD files apparently bypasses the X5's analog volume control function.

Thanks.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2020-5-31 22:15 , Processed in 0.021856 second(s), 25 queries .