FiiO X1 II
AMPs
None
Head Gears
Bose QuietComfort 35
regtime
2016-12-5
Post time 2016-12-5 17:49:12 |Show all posts |
Hi, been using this player for about a week and i'm generally having a great time!
Here are some issues/suggestions for future updates (sorted by personal importance) :

1. Update library by folder : I use a 200Gb SD card, and it's pretty full already. When I add one folder, the manual library scan takes forever to add just this one folder.

2. Bluetooth issues : other users have described issues connecting their headphones; this works ok for me, but when walking in the street with my player in my pocket, the sound often jumps/skips. I don't know if it's fixable or not, but it's an important problem on a portable player...

3. Library organisation, GENRE : when you select a Genre in the library (Rock for example), the next screen will list all songs instead of subfolders (like Artists or Album).

4. Accents name (french tracks) display : seems to be fixed in the latest FW

5. Incoherent shortcut through menus, the 'Menu' button : it has very different functions depending on the screen ; _search for the first Letter/number for a track : useful when browsing through folders, but once inside a folder, i think most people have their tracks named "01. Track 1" which makes it absolutely pointless.
_ it could be used when browsing through tracks to "Play this song next", that would be a great feature. Or maybe add a track to Favorites or to a Playlist.
_ when in the library, holding it allows you to switch through Albums/artists/genres... this seems pointless to me, but it's a personal opinion.

6. EQ doesn't work with Bluetooth ? Or is it just me?

Thanks a lot for your efforts, keep up the good work !

Use magic Report

Technical Support

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5
AMPs
E18
regtime
2014-11-18

Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Master of Publictity Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2016-12-5 19:19:43 |Show all posts |
Hi, titibobo, thank you for your suggestions. I would response it to the software team. To 2, we will fix the bluetooth issue in next firmware.
6. Bluetooth output is digital signal, the EQ is implemented in the dac pcm5242, the bluetooth signal doesn't go through this dac chip. That is why it is ineffective in bluetooth.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio X1 2nd Gen
AMPs
None
regtime
2016-12-9
Post time 2016-12-11 00:28:05 |Show all posts |
FiiO, I would like to request that you implement the following features on the X1 2nd Generation (especially the 1st one):

1. Please, please, please implement a feature for the player to shut down completely after a specified period of time. Your "deep sleep" feature is very inefficient and wastes battery. I have barely managed to get 5 hours of playback because the device wastes so much power while in sleep mode. At least implement the complete shut down feature and let the customer/user decide whether we want to use deep sleep or complete shut down. This should be a very easy feature to implement.

2. A menu option that provides details on battery power remaining in terms of time remaining. Such as that on phones. For example, "Battery: 7 hours and 23 minutes remaining."

3. A menu option that provides details on playback time since last unplugged. For example if I have played 2 hours of music since I last unplugged the device, it should be able to tell me.

Of all these features requested, I really think #1 and #2 are VERY important and should be very easy to implement.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio X1 II ; iPod Touch 6gen
AMPs
No
regtime
2017-5-11
Post time 2017-5-11 07:38:26 |Show all posts |
Hi, I have few suggestions for updates:

1. Artist sort: Toggle between Album artist and Song artist tag (very useful with mixed artist album albums).

2. Album sort: In Artist category sort Albums by year not alphabetical.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2017-5-13
Post time 2017-5-20 00:16:42 |Show all posts |
Hi, Here one suggestion:

when pressing "on" buttom, screen shows albums cover, does not show song's information, that's would be good.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio X1 2nd Gen, Sony Walkman
AMPs
JBL AVR134
regtime
2017-6-7
Post time 2017-6-19 14:31:13 |Show all posts |
One More suggestion for FiiO X1 II main GUI can you make it rotational and icons should repeat after settings . Currently we need to seek back and forther and due to wheel misfire its sometime difficult to select an icon.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X1 n2d
AMPs
none
Head Gears
sennheiser
regtime
2017-9-16
Post time 2017-9-28 01:32:02 |Show all posts |
Another good function to add would be:

1.  make it possible to move tracks in internal playlist

2. playlist name changing into custom name

3. auto power off function

....small changes makes a big difference for many people  

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FLAC
AMPs
X1 II
Head Gears
X1 II
regtime
2017-10-3
Post time 2017-10-3 22:29:17 |Show all posts |
Edited by Zlapsa at 2017-10-3 22:32
vidalchoco replied at 2017-5-20 00:16
Hi, Here one suggestion:

when pressing "on" buttom, screen shows albums cover, does not show song's ...

You can long-press MENU button and it will show you all info only for couple of seconds.
There is workaround - you can DISABLE "Cover Display" in settings and it will show you Track/Artist/Album/File-data all the time, but with very strange logo in background, whitch seems like mirrored Beats (By Dr.Dre) logo.. why it is just not BLANK or Theme-specific? WHYYY?
Because I do not like that BEATS background I am stuck in "Cover Display" mode and every time I want to know Track/Artist I need to long-press MENU button..

So my feature request would be simple:
1. If Cover Display is disabled - implement "Change background" feature.
2. Add feature, that, even with enabled "Cover Display" allow to show all the time Track/Artist/Album/File-data !
3. As one said earlier - Allow to edit name of playlists.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2017-10-12
Post time 2017-10-13 01:55:34 |Show all posts |
please add support for audiobooks!

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2017-4-21
Post time 2017-11-28 01:06:40 from mobile |Show all posts |
Edited by borntohula_ at 2017-11-28 01:13

I have had this player for quite a few months now. The main strength is the fact that it accepts an SD card. But there are things I think it is REALLY lacking in.

Bluetooth, tbh, is dreadful. Like really bad. I have bluetooth headphones which work seamlessly with my iPhone and Kindle. When I use them with the Fiio X1 2nd Gen, the sound quality is poor; way worse than expected. Also the connection is not stable. Basically it means I go wired when I am commuting. It’s 2017 guys!
Also, not being able to name playlists seems really basic as hell but we can’t. Those 2 things would make this DAP an unbelievable bit of value. I hope things improve with further firmware releases (though those seem rare as it is)

Oh yeah, also the volume cap when using EQ is real BS.

Use magic Report

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FiiO X1 II
AMPs
no
Head Gears
senheiser,skullcandy, sony
regtime
2017-12-15
Post time 2017-12-16 06:52:59 |Show all posts |
Vaibhav.srivas replied at 2017-10-13 01:55
please add support for audiobooks!

yes , that could be GREAT!
i thought the same thing they Fiio didn´t create audiobooks and podcasts section

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Cheap earbuds, hope to upgrade
AMPs
X1
regtime
2018-6-3
Post time 2018-6-3 00:27:41 |Show all posts |
Yes, same for me. EQ doesn't seem to work with Bluetooth.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2019-6-16 21:06 , Processed in 0.031098 second(s), 22 queries .