X5 3rd Gen
Head Gears
AudioTechnica
regtime
2017-4-26
Post time 2017-4-26 23:28:20 |Show all posts |
Edited by PaladinGunn at 2017-4-26 23:56

Hi !

I've had the chance to get a X5 iii recently, and although I'm very happy with the sound, I've had a lot of issue.

I'm using a 64go lexar microSDXC class 10 64go and a 128go Samsung Evo+ Microsdxc class 10.

I have no issue reading the files on the Lexar card, but I get a lot of issues while reading on the Samsung card.
I get the following issues:
- The player sometimes can't find the files on the card.
- Sometimes, while reading a file, the player stop reading it, and acts as if the files can't be found
- When this happens, rebooting or stopping the device takes a lot of time, and most of the time, I have to force a reboot.

I've formatted the card to FAT32, and the issue appears when using the Samsung card in either SD port.

I suspect that the issue is with the card itself, rather than the player, so I wonder if anyone had already used the same SD card, found a fix, or could give me the name of a 128go card working with the player without a hitch.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
x5ii
AMPs
x5
regtime
2017-1-29
Post time 2017-5-1 21:22:20 from mobile |Show all posts |
Lots of fake cards out there. Try to verify the card with one of the card testing apps

Use magic Report

Intermediate Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Ex-X5 III
regtime
2017-5-27
Post time 2017-5-27 22:03:22 |Show all posts |
Hi Paladin,
Not sure if this is still relevant, i'm new here.

I've had issues with SD Card as well when i first got my hand on the X5III, turned out it was a fake SD Card.

Im currently on:
1x Samsung microSDXC UHS-I EVO Plus 64GB 100MB/s (Read) 60MB/s (Write)

and

1x Samsung microSDXC UHS-I EVO Plus 128GB 100MB/s (Read) 90MB/s (Write)

Both are Class 10 and UHS 3 Speed Class.

Try to put the bigger SD Card on Slot#2 for higher speed transfer. When having these card, make sure to format it to FAT32 using the DAP unit by selecting the "Erase SD Card" command first, before starting to load it with files.

I made a mistake by formatting it using windows which causes the card to be unrecognized by the DAP upon mounting it back.

As for ways to transfer your files, you can connect it direct using USB 2 (not USB 3) port, follow the command on the DAP as to enable and disable the port before/after transferring your files.

Hope these helps and you are not repeating mistakes that i've made.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2019-11-21 00:58 , Processed in 0.024261 second(s), 23 queries .