FiiO Forums

Retrieve Password
Register Now
/Sign In
Search
!show!: 24635|Reply: 14

How come FiiO Q1 Mark II is not advertised as a DAC for android phones?

Super Moderator

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5III
AMPs
A5
regtime
2017-1-14
Post time 2017-10-20 14:30:09 |Show all posts |
I'm Demond, the DAC&Amp product manager of FiiO. I would like to make an explanation about the frequently asked question here: Could Q1 Mark II support Android phones?

The answer is YES. During the development, Q1 MKII working with Android phones had been a target of our R&D department. We had run tests with many android phones that were released within these two years including those with Micro USB port and Type-C port. We even opened a mound to produce a batch of dedicated USB cables for this. However, we didn't plan to advertise that Q1 MKII could work with android phones. Some of you might think that it's quite silly not advertising this. But why don't we do that?

0.png

There're two reasons:
1.    Uncertainty of system compatibility
In 2013, FiiO released the first DAC&Amp E18 for android phones. Its feature is working as s DAC with android phones. Therefore, we'd spent tons of time on testing and adapting with the android phones on the market. We even had the List of phones E18 supports on our website at the time. And our agents and users voluntarily give us feedback and enrich the list. And after that we would recommend our customers to check the list before buying E18 and thought that this could solve all the problems and no complaints any more.
However, thing is not as simple as we thought. Since the android phone brands, models and system versions are too many and term of validity of the list is short, some phones that could work with E18 before suddenly couldn't work with it after system update. Some phones that couldn't work with E18 suddenly could work with E18 after update. Besides the compatible issue resulting from system, there is also the connection problem. There're two kinds of ports on android phones: Micro USB and Type-C. Some of them could support OTG while some couldn't. And the products coming from the same series of one brand would vary with the launch time.
1.png

2.    It might cause phones to supply power to Q1MKII
The last thing you wanna see is that the DAC shortens the battery life of your cellphone. Since the usb port definition of android phones are different, some phones would recognize the OTG device then supply power and play music. The battery consumption would be huge for the cellphone. Then you might be in awkward situation: the DAC still has power but your cellphone is out of juice. This would affect your use of cellphone.
The above two problems could be easily solved on iPhone. Since we've used the dedicated chips from Apple, we don't have to worry about the compatibility after firmware update. And the DAC would stop charging when it recognizes the iPhone. Since there're too many android phone brands on the market and there's no unified port definition, we could only make the Q1MKII compatible with some hot-selling models on the market.
Though we had tested Q1 MKII with most of the hot-selling android phones on the market, we don't advertise Q1MKII could support android phones and describe this in the product introduction. We need to be responsible to our users and we don't want this to be a trouble to our users. Meanwhile, we're already working on the scheme for Type-C port in the hope of using dedicated usb cable+FiiO app to achieve digital output. However, we wouldn't advertise this unless we could actually achieve this. Please kindly understand.
-------------------------------------------------------------
PS
Compatibility with Sony DAPs
If you want to use the Q1MKII as a DAC for Sony WM series players, you will have to use the USB adaptor cable from Sony. For example, the WMC-NWH10 sold in Japan. The DIY decoding cable that some MOJO users buy are also upgraded from this adaptor cables by changing the Micro connector.

3.png

As to Sony PHA series DAC, you just need the included cable to use with WM series players. But that cable doesn't work with DACs of other brands, because Sony has restrictions on the cable just like Apple. Of course Sony hopes that WM series player users could buy the PHA series DAC and that's understandable. So if you want to use the Sony WM series players with other brands' DAC, you would need the adaptor cable mentioned above.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2015-6-11
Post time 2017-10-30 19:31:56 |Show all posts |
I am a current owner of several FiiO products (Fiio A3 amp, Fiio X3 II) and I am very interested in acquiring the FiiO Q1 Mark II.
My questions are:
1. Have you tested the FiiO Q1 MKII with the Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone under Android 7.0?
2. Is the device compatible with HiRes music app such as USB Audio Player Pro or HyBy Music via OTG cable?
3. Does the Fiio Q1 draw power from Samsung S7 battery via OTG USB cable? This would be my main question.

Thanks in advance.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2017-11-22
Post time 2017-11-25 00:05:10 |Show all posts |
I had the E18 with my Galaxy S4 and S6 it worked and I loved the sound.. fabulous

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
S8+, iPod 5.5 classic
AMPs
Q1MkII
regtime
2017-12-29
Post time 2017-12-29 15:52:51 |Show all posts |
Hello guys!

Im surprised this thread isn't getting too much traction.

In my quest to use certain DACs (including, primarily the Q1MkII with my s8+ I've come across a micro USB to Usb-c cable from Sony but it's long and white :-)

Can we find the Fiio micro USB to USB type-c adapter cable for purchase anywhere? I'm looking to use it with the q1 Mk II

Thanks!

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
OnePlus 3t
AMPs
Fiio Q1 Mark ii
Head Gears
Sennheiser HD598
regtime
2018-3-11
Post time 2018-3-11 05:00:32 |Show all posts |
Edited by HSken at 2018-3-11 05:14

I'm using the Q1 Mark ii with a Android 8.0 phone, the OnePlus 3T, took me a while to get everything to work so wrote small guide here, but now works VERY good!

http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=43127&extra=page%3D1

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
OnePlus 3t
AMPs
Fiio Q1 Mark ii
Head Gears
Sennheiser HD598
regtime
2018-3-11
Post time 2018-3-11 05:11:41 |Show all posts |
Edited by HSken at 2018-3-11 05:12
Adrian66 replied at 2017-12-29 15:52
Can we find the Fiio micro USB to USB type-c adapter cable for purchase anywhere? I'm looking to use it with the q1 Mk II

To find the cable search for "DJI Spark cable" on Aliexpres, amazon, ...

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X1ii
AMPs
Q1
regtime
2018-3-21
Post time 2018-3-21 06:02:22 |Show all posts |
Has anyone had joy with running a q1 on a oneplus 3 while avoiding battery drain?

Use magic Report

Intermediate Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2015-10-6
Post time 2018-5-7 05:25:57 |Show all posts |
How to know if your Q1 is Draining   power from your phone?

Just turn off the Q1 and If you see the light is red.
Then it is draining power from your phone.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
google
AMPs
regtime
2018-4-18
Post time 2018-5-7 13:55:57 |Show all posts |
  How come FiiO Q1 Mark II is not advertised as a DAC for android phones?   This person is interested and follow this for a long time. Many people are interested in this as well.  
Ruby888  

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Androîd huawei Mate 10 pro
AMPs
RX840
regtime
2018-5-13
Post time 2018-5-13 18:16:27 |Show all posts |

Hello guys!
Does anyone know if FiiO Q1 Mark II run with Androïd Huawei Mate 10 Pro ?
Thanks very much !

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
USB Audio Player Pro
AMPs
Fiio Q1 Mark II
Head Gears
Fiio FH1
regtime
2018-5-21
Post time 2018-5-21 16:18:27 |Show all posts |
Hi, I can confirm that if you are using an Android phone with USB_C port (Mine is Xiaomi A1), with this cable: https://www.ebay.com/itm/292052970340?rmvSB=true. You phone will NOT charge FiiO Q1 Mark II. The app I use is USB Audio Player Pro.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Smartphone
AMPs
None
regtime
2019-1-20
Post time 2019-1-20 10:29:11 |Show all posts |
Hi everyone, i'm very interest in a Fiio AMP, but I don't know if they will work with my android, I have an Xperia XA2 Ultra and an Audio Technica ATH M50x and I was wondering what's the best option for my phone and headphones.

My options are Fiio A5, Q5 or Q1 Mark II; what would be the best option from lowest to highest?

Can anybody help me?

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
DACs
FiiO Q5s
Head Gears
FiiO FA9
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2019-1-21 18:25:09 |Show all posts |
Arkantos replied at 2019-1-20 10:29
Hi everyone, i'm very interest in a Fiio AMP, but I don't know if they will work with my android, I  ...

Dear friend,

You may consider our BTA10 for help.

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
AAA vinyl, FLAC, WAV
AMPs
Universum
regtime
2020-2-13
Post time 2020-2-13 19:52:13 |Show all posts |
Hi FiiO! Your USB DAC+AMPs all could be compatible with android phones with OTG support by creating a switch on Your DAC+AMPs which is corresponding to the charging line of the MicroUSB OTG cable by simply cutting it off from the charging circuit or in case of unwanted popup messages on the server android phone about "something is wrong with the OTG device (now the DAC+AMP)" would occur, then applying a "cheating" voltage measure with this switch to that line so that the phone would not charged it. So such an android phone-switch, in my opinion, can solve the compatibility issue for all android users who would like to pair  Your USB DAC+AMPs with their phones.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2015-7-30
Post time 2020-2-23 01:32:30 |Show all posts |
Any success with the Samsung Note 10? Will this be the only thing needed?

https://www.amazon.com/Fiio-CL06-Type-Micro-Cable/dp/B07DLQ2XYZ/

Thanks in advance

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2020-9-28 19:12 , Processed in 0.030822 second(s), 26 queries .