Audio Sources
X5III
AMPs
A5
regtime
2017-1-14
Post time 2018-5-30 19:50 |Show all posts |
Edited by FiiOBryant at 2018-5-30 19:55

The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.2.1 compared to the FW1.2.0 on X5 3rd gen:

1. Added USB Audio output function (the output is in DoP by default; if your DAC does not support DSD decoding, please switch from DoP to D2P in FiiO Music settings);
2. Added "Enter Now Playing after play" option (can be set in FiiO Music settings; when the option enabled, the app will automatically enter the Now Playing menu after clicking a song to play);
3. Added new option to turn on/off the power light (can be set in Settings->Display->Power Light);
4. Fixed issue where some FLAC tracks might stutter when the ViPER Effect was turned on;
5. Fixed issue where the embedded album art could not be displayed for some WMA tracks;
6. Fixed issue where the fast search bar in the Folder View menu might disappear in a few cases;
7. Fixed issue where the sound was abnormal or there was no output when playing DSD tracks via Bluetooth;
8. Fixed issue where the Settings would stop working when entering "Settings->Storage->NAND FLASH->Total space->Downloads";
9. Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes.

How to upgrade: Click here.
Firmware download: Click here.

The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.0.6 compared to the FW1.0.5 on X7 Mark II:

1. Added USB Audio output function (the output is in DoP by default; if your DAC does not support DSD decoding, please switch from DoP to D2P in FiiO Music settings);
2. Added "Enter Now Playing after play" option (can be set in FiiO Music settings; when the option enabled, the app will automatically enter the Now Playing menu after clicking a song to play);
3. Fixed issue where some FLAC tracks might stutter when the ViPER Effect was turned on;
4. Fixed issue where the embedded album art could not be displayed for some WMA tracks;
5. Fixed issue where the fast search bar in the Folder View menu might disappear in a few cases;
6. Fixed issue where the sound was abnormal or there was no output when playing DSD tracks via Bluetooth;
7. Fixed issue where the Settings would stop working when entering "Settings->Storage->NAND FLASH->Total space->Downloads";
8. Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes.

The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW3.3.5 compared to the FW3.3.4 on X7:

3. Fixed issue where some FLAC tracks might stutter when the ViPER Effect was turned on;
4. Fixed issue where the embedded album art could not be displayed for some WMA tracks;
5. Fixed issue where the fast search bar in the Folder View menu might disappear in a few cases;
6. Fixed issue where the sound was abnormal or there was no output when playing DSD tracks via Bluetooth;
7. Fixed issue where the Settings would stop working when entering "Settings->Storage->NAND FLASH->Total space->Downloads";
8. Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes.

Use magic Report

Intermediate Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2017-7-15
Post time 2018-5-30 20:38 |Show all posts |
What exactly is 'USB Audio output function', what does it do?

Use magic Report

Intermediate Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio X5 3 gen, Sony NW ZX2
AMPs
Violectrivc V220
DACs
RME ADI 2 Pro
Head Gears
Sony MDR Z7
regtime
2017-3-29
Post time 2018-5-31 03:02 |Show all posts |
For me USB audio do not work. In Fiio music turned off dop, but no sound output

Use magic Report

Prime Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X7+AM2
AMPs
K5
Head Gears
DUNU Titan 3
regtime
2015-6-11
Post time 2018-5-31 06:30 |Show all posts |
xsapper replied at 2018-5-30 20:38

I could be wrong but I believe it is for people who want to use a separate external USB DAC instead of using the built in one or a SPDIF (coax or optical) connection.

Use magic Report

Prime Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Ex-Fiio X5III owner
AMPs
Ex-Fiio A5 owner
Head Gears
Fiio F5
regtime
2017-3-15
Post time 2018-5-31 22:04 from mobile |Show all posts |
After the firmware update, my X5III seems more sluggish than before. It was already slow before. Damn!

Use magic Report

Intermediate Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio X5 3 gen, Sony NW ZX2
AMPs
Violectrivc V220
DACs
RME ADI 2 Pro
Head Gears
Sony MDR Z7
regtime
2017-3-29
Post time 2018-6-1 01:49 |Show all posts |
Edited by sinarca at 2018-6-1 01:50
MisterC925 replied at 2018-5-31 06:30
I could be wrong but I believe it is for people who want to use a separate external USB DAC instea ...

You are right. The device acts only as a transport : bypassed internal dac and amp.

Use magic Report

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X3ii and X7
AMPs
AM1, 2, 3, 5
regtime
2016-11-7
Post time 2018-6-1 07:49 |Show all posts |
Well my X7 worked perfectly fine on 3.3.4.  I should never have upgraded to 3.3.5.  Now my X7 is sluggish as hell and it won't scan my sd card anymore.   I'm definitely not buying anymore FiiO DAPs.  I've had nothing but issues with this damn X7 for the past two years.  Shame on you FiiO.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio X5 3rd Gen
AMPs
Chord Mojo
Head Gears
Yuin
regtime
2018-6-1
Post time 2018-6-1 11:54 |Show all posts |
I've just update my X5III to FW1.2.1 and pair with my Chord Mojo.

Although some files (FLAC 16/24bit-96/192/352kHz ; DSD64/128) can be transmitted & played normally, some of them can't however.
When I located to SD card and played the files, Fiio Music pushed back to the front screen and displayed: "USB audio connected".

The .cue doesn't work. It was all noise. Without USB audio device, it does.

The device auto restart frequently after the update. It always display "Optimizing app xx of xx"

Please check and release us a hotfix version

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5III
AMPs
A5
regtime
2017-1-14
Post time 2018-6-1 17:15 |Show all posts |
xsapper replied at 2018-5-30 20:38

MisterC925 is right~

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio: X1 II, X3 II, X5 III
AMPs
Fiio: K5
DACs
Fiio: F18 KUNLUN
Head Gears
Hifiman 400i, Beyer DT770, B&W C5, Bose QC20, Sony MDR1000XM2
regtime
2015-8-16
Post time 2018-6-3 16:57 |Show all posts |
Edited by dentaku at 2018-6-3 17:00

Long time ago that Fiio surprised me, allthough again they didn't address key issues like the stability of the X5III OS and Fiio music app (or even the drop-problem while docked to K5).

USB output will output the datastream to a DAC like the Q5 or E18.

Just fired up my old Fiio E18 Kunlun (which I bought ages ago believing that you *can* use a smarthone to get decent soundquality). Hooked it to the X5III with the microusb2microsusb-cable, set the X5 on D2P (not in the app, but in the main settings) and it worked brilliantly.

No dsf/dsd, that's a bit past the Kunluns abilities (so must remember to turn it back to DOP for the K5). E18 acts as a slave, with volume and gain controlled by X5, the 'bassboost' on the Kunlun is off, which is for the best anyway, but the forward/back/pause/play buttons do their job.

However, as the X5 III drives my headphones to satisfaction, I do not really need a portable DAC. Main difference is the soundscape, which is more analytical and less bassheavy on the Kunlun.

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5III
AMPs
A5
regtime
2017-1-14
Post time 2018-6-4 17:41 |Show all posts |
robincrystal replied at 2018-6-1 11:54
I've just update my X5III to FW1.2.1 and pair with my Chord Mojo.

Although some files (FLAC 16/24bi ...

1. Please go to settings>app>all and find the fiio music app, clear the data and cache and see if it helps. Please note that this will wipe up all the date in FiiO Music.
2. Do you mean when playing .cue files with usb audio output, it will be only noise?
3. If possible, please do a factory reset and see if it works.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
CD
AMPs
X7
regtime
2018-2-5
Post time 2018-6-4 20:41 |Show all posts |
Thanks for releasing a new update for the X7.  I'm writing to confirm that the bug I submitted (here and here) regarding Droidsound-e crashing still exists in FW3.3.5.  

Hopefully, a fix for this can be completed for the next FW update.

Use magic Report

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
microSD, OTG
AMPs
FIIO X5 Gen 3, X3 Gen 2
regtime
2017-4-1
Post time 2018-6-4 22:22 |Show all posts |
Sigh, it seems after the latest upgrade, the Fiio X5 3rd Generation device
is running more sluggishly.
This seems to happen after each upgrade then things may improve or wait
until the next upgrade...
It seems to be a struggle and headache to get the device powered up,
loaded software and implementation of executing even the basic application(s)
on the device. I find myself back to giving the device up to 10 minutes (if not more now)
to get everything settled with it.  
I would much rather use my laptop (macbook or windows-based computer) to
stream or play music stored on external hard drives or using my LG tablet
with USB port with external portable SSD drive and microSD card that contain
audio files.

To use this Fiio device seems like an unnecessary struggle and one can get stressed
out for 10 minutes to stabilize it.
I hope Fiio comes out with an X9 device an improvement,  update of the X7 Mark II
I wished I had waited for before getting this X5 .

Use magic Report

Intermediate Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
DAP, DVD
AMPs
AMC
Head Gears
HD600,Portapro,E10,EG900
regtime
2017-7-7
Post time 2018-6-5 03:14 |Show all posts |
I find myself back to giving the device up to 10 minutes (if not more now)
to get everything settled with it.

10 min?! I would complain ten times if I would suffer from this ailment.
I don't observe any sluggishness after last update. Or wait, no, there is some of it - it slowed down from 58 to 60 secs in full booting (from power up to play resume in Neutron).
But maybe it is because I have already installed some apps...
Fancy thing - your idea of pairing a mouse with X5 isn't so weird as one would expect.
Without no doubts it speeds up browsing through menus. I use it sometimes when setting EQs and making massive library changes.
One thing is bad - I can't change mouse cursor to white

Use magic Report

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
DSD, DXD, FLAC, Wavpack
AMPs
AM3A, AM3
DACs
FiiO X7 MK II, FiiO X7, FiiO X5
Head Gears
Sennheiser HD 800
regtime
2015-4-27
Post time 2018-6-5 23:26 |Show all posts |
On X7 MKII the m3u8 lists flash up on screen for about half a second and then disappear again.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
AMPs
regtime
2018-6-7
Post time 2018-6-7 08:53 |Show all posts |
Edited by moonieni at 2018-7-27 15:03

fav link:
PrimeI got the problem, but now it fix

Use magic Report

Intermediate Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5 III
AMPs
A3
Head Gears
RHA T20
regtime
2014-11-14
Post time 2018-6-7 18:46 |Show all posts |
Fatal bug after updating the firmware of the X5 III to version 1.2.1.

I use the bluetooth controller RM1 to control the X5 III. Since the firmware update and coupled RM1 the music playback stops automatically every 5 minutes. Without coupled RM1, playback will not stop.

Music playback via a paired Bluetooth speaker TEUFEL Bamster XS works perfectly including the start / pause function.

Please fix the bug quickly!

Use magic Report

Intermediate Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5iii
AMPs
A1; A5
DACs
E10K
Head Gears
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro; Audio Technica MSR-7; Superlux HD-681; Senfer UE900 IEM; KZ ZS6 IEM; ...
regtime
2017-7-28
Post time 2018-6-13 01:08 |Show all posts |
Hi,

updated my X5iii a week ago and things went from bad to worse! First the device became insanly slow an sluggish. Then it refused to recognise the first sd-card. It began to start and stop several tracks randomly. Then it stopped the playing any audio from the first sd card just in the mid of a song. And now the FiiO Music App doesn't even respond to anything. When you start in pure music mode a few seconds after the first touch on the screen it freezes and a couple of minutes it offers to close or wait for it.  It's like a ghost in the machine.

Conclusion: this is no improvement at all. It was really slow before, but that is unbearable. With everyday i get more and more annoyed by it and i come close to the point to return it.

So, please fix it.

Update: when the music app is hung or sluggish and try shutting down the device it loops and gets burning hot so you have to press the power button for 10 seconds to turn it off. After that it immediatly starts again instead of staying off.

Use magic Report

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FLAC, M4a/ACC, MP3
AMPs
Antique Sound Lab MG-Head Mark III, Meridian 502/557
DACs
FiiO X5III, Meridian 566/24
Head Gears
Sennheiser HD 650, HD 600, HD 497, FiiO F9 Pro, 1More Triple Driver, Klipsch S4, S4a
regtime
2016-3-6
Post time 2018-6-13 23:56 |Show all posts |
I'm not sure if your device is defective or not but I don't think this is a problem with the latest firmware since I own an X5 MkIII and it's working near perfectly with the new firmware. Try the following things:

1. If you've installed any Android programs on the X5 that weren't in the FiiO tested and approved apps folder, then remove them.
2. Make sure your SD cards are formatted properly
3. Shutdown of the X5 takes 15 seconds so if you let go at 10 seconds you haven't restarted which is why it starts again. Hold down the power button for at least 15 seconds.
4. If a normal shutdown doesn't help you will need to do a factory reset. The instructions are on this forum.
5. If that doesn't help then you need to contact support, not the forum so they can fix or exchange your system.

Good luck!

D

Use magic Report

Intermediate Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5iii
AMPs
A1; A5
DACs
E10K
Head Gears
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro; Audio Technica MSR-7; Superlux HD-681; Senfer UE900 IEM; KZ ZS6 IEM; ...
regtime
2017-7-28
Post time 2018-6-15 02:31 |Show all posts |
dilburt replied at 2018-6-13 23:56
I'm not sure if your device is defective or not but I don't think this is a problem with the latest  ...

Hi Dilburt,

thanks for your answer. The behaviour of the device is kinda weird. Meanwhile the quirk with rebooting or got stucked in a reboot/shutdown screen/loop is more or less gone. But it still has big issues with the sd card. I did a factory reset and after a while the same troubles occured again. In mid playing the audio stopped and no track was available any longer. Tried to eject the sd card, process got stucked. Then downgraded to firmware 1.9.0. Same issue. Checked sd card a couple of times, no improvement. Changed between slots. Same same.
Currently I'm downgrading the device to 1.9.0 then install one OTA after the other to 1.2.1. Let the device format the sd card and copy some albums via jriver to the sd card in the device.

And if that won't work I'll throw a mature tantrum! ;-) I mean, today on the way home i had to listen to one of my favorite albums in mp3 on a mobile device. That's torture, once you listened to hires audio. :-D

I'll update the thread once I've new findings on the issue or kicked it out of the window.

Thx & Greetz
Tom

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2019-1-22 22:38 , Processed in 0.038105 second(s), 22 queries .