Audio Sources
Fiio
AMPs
Fiio
regtime
2018-6-8
Post time 2018-6-11 00:29:20 |Show all posts |
Edited by HawkeG at 2018-6-11 21:29

I have just purchased the M7. I downloaded the Mac MTP client to enable me to transfer overfiles however on connecting the M7 to my mac I get a notice saying.
"Try reconnecting or restarting your device" - I followed the advice and yet am still not able to get beyond the notice.
I am trying to run the Android File Transfer on a Macbook Pro mid 2012.
I have ExFatformatted card in the M7 with I am able to access direct from my mac when it is not mounted in the M7.
Could someone help me out.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio
AMPs
Fiio
regtime
2018-6-8
Post time 2018-6-11 18:56:34 |Show all posts |
Okay, so M7 will open on my old Windows XP but not on my Macbook. Help would be greatly accepted.

Thanks

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio
AMPs
Fiio
regtime
2018-6-8
Post time 2018-6-11 21:03:50 |Show all posts |
I have updated my Macbook with latest security and OS High Sierra, now Mac MTP Client when I open it is showing "Android File Transfer" is not optimised for your mac.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio
AMPs
Fiio
regtime
2018-6-8
Post time 2018-6-11 21:28:47 |Show all posts |
HawkeG replied at 2018-6-11 21:03
I have updated my Macbook with latest security and OS High Sierra, now Mac MTP Client when I open it ...

I have tried using the Mac MTP Client that is on the "No Name" and have found that it works fine with my Lenovo Tab 4 8 plus. Not sure then why it will not work with the M7. Is there anyone from Tec Support able to help out.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio
AMPs
Fiio
regtime
2018-6-8
Post time 2018-6-11 23:35:41 |Show all posts |
I read that there might be a problem with old hidden Samsung Kies stopping Android Transfer from working. As I had perviously installed Kies for an old tablet but then once I changed the tablet I un-installed, I through I would check to see if there were any hidden files hanging around on my hard drive. There were a few so all were deleted. A check with Funter app showed there were no more Samsung Kies files on my hard drive. I rebooted both my Mac and the M7, hoping that I had solved the problem. However, on reconnecting the M7 with my Macbook, I was no nearer getting the two to communicate.  I was still able to connect my Lenovo tablet to my Macbook using the M7 cable. So cable is okay, Android transfer appears okay. This leaves either my Macbook or the M7. There is something somewhere stopping the M7 and Macbook from speaking to each other. I am now out of ideas, and need help.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio
AMPs
Fiio
regtime
2018-6-8
Post time 2018-6-12 04:27:26 |Show all posts |
Well that took all day, but I found a Kernel Extension that was stopping the MTP from connecting, it was a Kernel used by Samsung Kies -  ssuddrv.kext - I am guessing because the M7 uses a Samsung chip any remaining Mac files associated with Kies are going to create a problem. At the moment all is okay.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio
AMPs
Fiio
regtime
2018-6-8
Post time 2018-6-18 05:16:46 |Show all posts |
HawkeG replied at 2018-6-12 04:27
Well that took all day, but I found a Kernel Extension that was stopping the MTP from connecting, it ...

Disappointed that FiiO tec support can respond to development issue but never responded to my emails or acknowledged that they had been received. Which left me having to sort out the problem myself. Not sure if I will ever be able to recommend a FiiO product based on customer support.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio
AMPs
Fiio
regtime
2019-1-6
Post time 2019-1-6 06:39:18 |Show all posts |
Refresh / I confirm, this input is very difficult to find on the net, either in your search engine ... I had exactly the same problem -Android device not found- ("Aucun appareil Android trouvé" for our french users). The unload of kext didn't worked, and to complicate for beginners. This procedure worked fine on my both Mac (iMac and MacBook Pro with 2 different Mac OS versions who had the same issue).
1) Uninstalled "Android File Transfert"
2) Reboot
3) Download the application Samsung Smart Switch (4)
4) Install the application
5) Reboot
6) Go to the application directory "Smart Switch" and Uninstall, including DRIVERS !!!
7) Reboot
8) Reinstall "Android File Transfert"
9) Miracle after 6 hours of trying debug modus, several third transfert applications, terminal commands, .. it works perfectly.

Let's start to enjoy the product (I hope )

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2019-1-7 11:11:12 |Show all posts |
Yogi1912 replied at 2019-1-6 06:39
Refresh / I confirm, this input is very difficult to find on the net, either in your search engine . ...

Dear friend,

Thanks for your kind feedback. We will report to other user for try if they meet same problem.

Best regards

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2019-3-20 04:50 , Processed in 0.030344 second(s), 22 queries .