FiiO Forums

Retrieve Password
Register Now
/Sign In
Search
!show!: 848|Reply: 5

X5 III 1.2.2/1.0.8 Track Numbers in hi-res songs?

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FLAC, M4a/ACC, MP3
AMPs
Antique Sound Lab MG-Head Mark III, Meridian 502/557
DACs
FiiO X5III, Meridian 566/24
Head Gears
Sennheiser HD 650, HD 600, HD 497, FiiO F9 Pro, 1More Triple Driver, Klipsch S4, S4a
regtime
2016-3-6

Enthusiastic Member Active Member

Post time 2019-1-31 04:00:06 |Show all posts |
Has anyone else had problems with track numbers not showing up in high-resolution albums? It's only affecting some, not all. It doesn't seem to follow any pattern with one album by an artist having track numbers and another by the same artist in the exact same format doesn't (all tracks are zero). So far it appears that typical MP3/320 files all have tracks but since I don't have many of these I can't be sure of this.

Let me know if you are having this issue and if you have found a fix. I've tried rescanning but that didn't help. If I examine the files with MP3 Tag they all have track numbers so it's an issue with the music app.

D

Use magic Report

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
HiRes Flacs; PC; JRIVER
AMPs
A1; A5; K5
DACs
X5III; E10K
Head Gears
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro; AKG K240 Mk II; Audio Technica MSR-7; Superlux HD-681; Senfer UE900 IEM; KZ ZS6 IEM; ...
regtime
2017-7-28
Post time 2019-1-31 17:42:39 |Show all posts |
Hi dilburt,

I faced the same issue with the 1.2.1 firmware out of nowhere after I synced my library with JRiver. I tried all kind of ID3-Tags (1, 1/9, 01, 01/09, etc.) but the only one working so far was a single digit. It also depends on the sd card and the format you use (exFAT vs. FAT32). E.g. the 256 GByte EVO card from Samsung is a total mess with the player. Works pretty well in phones and tablets but not with the player.

After all, the new firmware update doesn't show this issue on my player.

BR! :-)
Tom

See: http://www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=43998

Use magic Report

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FLAC, M4a/ACC, MP3
AMPs
DACs
Head Gears
Sennheiser HD 650, HD 600, HD 497, FiiO F9 Pro, 1More Triple Driver, Klipsch S4, S4a
regtime
2016-3-6

Post time 2019-1-31 18:13:34 |Show all posts |
tschicklberger replied at 2019-1-31 17:42
Hi dilburt,

I faced the same issue with the 1.2.1 firmware out of nowhere after I synced my librar ...

Thanks for the info ts. I'm glad to hear that it's just a data problem on my side rather than a software issue on the player. I should be able to sort it out without too much trouble then.

I tried to follow your link but it was a 404.

D

Use magic Report

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
HiRes Flacs; PC; JRIVER
AMPs
A1; A5; K5
DACs
X5III; E10K
Head Gears
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro; AKG K240 Mk II; Audio Technica MSR-7; Superlux HD-681; Senfer UE900 IEM; KZ ZS6 IEM; ...
regtime
2017-7-28
Post time 2019-1-31 18:21:34 |Show all posts |
dilburt replied at 2019-1-31 18:13
Thanks for the info ts. I'm glad to hear that it's just a data problem on my side rather than a so ...

Hi dilburt,

sorry, there was a typo in the URL. This one should do it: http://www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=43998&extra=page%3D1

The problem with the track numbers bothers me too. I'm not sure if I should change my library to my prefered tagging (01/09) and give it it a try or leave it as it is. Well, the curiosity is nagging me! ;-)

Use magic Report

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FLAC, M4a/ACC, MP3
AMPs
DACs
Head Gears
regtime
2016-3-6

Post time 2019-2-3 17:10:39 |Show all posts |
Edited by dilburt at 2019-2-3 17:19

If anyone else is having this problem with missing track numbers for some hi-res FLAC files,  the workaround has always been to use storage mode (assuming your tracks are named starting with track number) to play the tracks in alpha sort order. Unfortunately, this release is using "unsorted mode" which is whatever order the files were added to your SD cards. I can only assume this was done to get the release out before the holiday because it's not something any developer would do on purpose but it is the simplest way to read a disk.

If you want a way around this until the sort order and track scanning issues are resolved there is a solution but only if you are using FAT32. FiiO players run much faster when FAT32 is used so if you are having any studdering or other file performance issues and are not using FAT32, well that is almost certainly the problem. The workaround for FAT32 cards is a free program called DriveSort v1.242 by Anerty. You can get this at:
http://anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort/?lang=en

Download and start the app on a Windows machine and connect your X5 III to a USB cable. Load the root directory of SD card 1 into the app - make sure you see all your folders from that card in the right pane. Then select the "Folder" menu and click "Sort". Check the right pane to make sure all the folders are now in the correct alpha sort order then select the Folder menu again and click "Save". Repeat this for SD card 2 if needed. This is extremely fast and only takes a few seconds to sort and save since it's only changing the directory entries.

I cleared my library and rescanned to see if this would help the problem with track numbers for hi-res FLAC files but unfortunately, it did not. But you should still reset and scan to make sure the library is in sync with the new sort order.

Btw, since the missing track numbers only affects about 70% of the hi-res albums on my SD cards and other users aren't seeing this at all, I'm guessing it may have something to do with the various ripping software I've used to create my FLAC files (JRiver, Exact Copy & Cue Ripper) but this problem only started with version 1.2.2 so I'm not inclined to spend a bunch of time to fix this bug on my side but if anyone finds an easy solution I would love to hear about it.

D

Use magic Report

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FLAC, M4a/ACC, MP3
AMPs
DACs
Head Gears
regtime
2016-3-6

Post time 2019-2-6 19:48:13 |Show all posts |
Well, I'm having a great conversation with myself here but hopefully, someone else will have this issue and can benefit from this information. I've finally solved the issue with the missing track numbers in FLAC albums and why this may be unique to my systems at this point. I had set my rippers to use the 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4 track numbering format a while ago and it turns out this version of the FiiO X5 III software does not handle that. All versions up to 1.2.1 did fine with it but not 1.2.2 so it's clearly another "rush" bug that will get fixed when they all stumble back into the office after the New Year's celebrations.

If you notice this issue and don't want to wait for the bug fix with your favorite tracks just rewrite the track numbers using the standard 1, 2, 3, 4 format.

D

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2019-4-19 12:48 , Processed in 0.025172 second(s), 22 queries .