Audio Sources
FiiO M7
AMPs
JDS Labs C5
regtime
2019-1-24
Post time 2019-2-3 06:36:45 |Show all posts |
Greetings.
Been enjoying my new M7 for the past week, but have a question and a few suggestions.

Q: Is it possible, when using the Folder view to play an album (contained in its own folder), to have playback stop after the last song?  I'm using the non-repeat playback mode (two straight arrows pointing left-to-right), but it always starts playing the first track in the next folder after the last track in the current folder ends.  It's a bit annoyning, and I've not discovered a way to prevent it.  FWIW, I only use Folder view for playback, either by album or by external m3u playlists in a separate folder, and those generally to just Shuffle an entire artist's collection.

As an experiment, I chose an album from the Album view, played it, and it exhibits the same behavior.

Yes, I could make playlists for all albums, but a simple playback option would be much easier

Suggestions

• When displaying the large album art view, it can sometimes be impossible to read the top status bar (battery, etc.), as the art colors conflict with the white of the status bar text and symbols.  It would be great if the album art could sit below the status bar such that the status bar is always on a black background.  There is plenty of space to keep the album art space the same, but it would require reducing the space of the large playback controls.  Given how large they are, I don't think reducing them or that space by so little would negatively impact their functionality, and the improvement in visibility of the status bar would be worth it, IMO.
  • It would be nice if there was some way to see the full name of a folder (perhaps a long press and some option) without initiating playback, which seems to be the only way to make the full name of the folder scroll. I have 16/44.1 and 24/96 versions of the same album, identified in the folder name, but it's not possible to know which I'm playing until I've initiated playback.
  • This is perhaps the biggest one, and can even be considered a bug.  Currently, folders are not sorted in true alphanumeric fashion.  For example, my folder naming is done this way:  Artist with (1988) Album Name, (1993) Album Name, (2001) Album Name, etc., as subfolders.  While all my Artist name folders are sorted correctly alphabetically (they all started with a letter), the subfolders are not.  In true alphanumeric sorting in any operating system I've ever used (and that's a TON), the subfolders (1988) Album Name, (1993) Album Name, (2001) Album Name would be sorted that way, rather than seemingly randomly, such as, (1993) Album Name, (2001) Album Name, (1988) Album Name.  Yes, I definitely consider that a bug, as Sort By Name in Windows or on my Google Nexus 7 always presents them correctly.  I should mention that I'm using US English as the language, though that sorting should apply globally, I would think.

Other than that, I'm absolutely loving the portability of a Hi-res DAP, esp. paired with my JDS Labs C5 amp (using the FiiO L17 cable!).  I got a 256 GB Samsung EVO microSD card and it worked perfectly out of the packaging (formatted exFAT).  There may be some microgaps even with gapless playback enabled (noticeable with live albums), but I know that's been reported, so, hoping for a fix.

Please consider those suggestions.

Cheers,
Sancho

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FiiO M7
AMPs
JDS Labs C5
regtime
2019-1-24
Post time 2019-2-5 09:40:04 |Show all posts |
Sancho asked:

Q: Is it possible, when using the Folder view to play an album (contained in its own folder), to have playback stop after the last song?

Sancho discovered: duuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh, of course it is; simply disable the Play Through Folders option.

Thanks, Sancho!

FiiO ppl, when you've recovered from your New Year's hangovers, please think about my suggestions.

新年快乐!
(Google Translate assumes all responsibility for the preceding message)

Cheers!  ;-)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2019-11-19 21:25 , Processed in 0.021254 second(s), 21 queries .