!show!: 622|Reply: 2

Fiio x5 II screen/sd copying issues

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2019-2-7
Post time 2019-2-7 09:43:20 |Show all posts |
So I've been having the dreaded slow copying of files from SSD to formatted SD card in the Fiio X x5 gen II. Upon dragging files/folders from the SSD to the H drive (Which is my sd in the fiio), I have speeds of around 3 GB/s for a anywhere between 1 minute and 20 minutes until the speed drops to zero and the copying stops. I have tried all troubleshooting tips I could find online. Most people seem to think it's Windows 10 that is causing the issue, but I can copy files from SSD to HDD and other drives at rapid speeds.

Anyways, once I pause and cancel the request of copying my files (via folders) onto the SD card, I click to safely remove the drive. Windows will tell me the drive has been ejected and can now be removed safely, but the x5 doesn't recognize that and still requests that I eject the drive before I disconnect the player. It will stay this way for over an hour (haven't tried to wait any longer yet). Upon unplugging the x5, the screen looks like the photo (attached below). Has anyone seen this before? I then reboot the machine and it appears to return to the homescreen.

I have tried reformatting the sd card 20+ times and factory resetting the fiio 10+ times and safely downloaded every firmware available, but I've encountered the same issues over and over.

I am looking for any solutions to these issues.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vMu2lCA_UBVFsiAlhf5GV4j7Xp6YgOva

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2019-2-7
Post time 2019-2-7 09:49:27 |Show all posts |
Also, upon plugging my fiio back in after unplugging in the way that I stated above, I can see the few files that did end up onto the sd card, but cannot delete, copy, or migrate them whatsoever.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FLAC CD Rips via EAC
AMPs
None
regtime
2019-1-18
Post time 2019-2-13 23:25:45 |Show all posts |
I can't speak to your screen issue, however...

Do yourself a favor and get a dedicated USB 3 SD Card Reader. Use that for copying your music over. You will not regret it.

I had a similar issue with my M7 trying to copy music directly to it. I bought a card reader and haven't looked back... :-)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2019-4-19 12:39 , Processed in 0.021107 second(s), 21 queries .