regtime
2019-3-13
Post time 2019-3-13 04:09:25 |Show all posts |
Hi!

I've started using my K3 in the usb 2 mode. Some details first:

- I am using a MacBook Pro (2018)
- Audirvana or Spotify

I have noticed a couple of weird things:

- The led is ALWAYS green. Even when no music is reproduced at all. I am not sure if this is some Mac OS X thing (like keeping the interface working at a high sample rate all the time) or some issue with my K3 unit.

- I have tried to configure Audirvana to play DSD files and I am not sure this is right:

+ I had to select "DSD Over PCM Standard 1.1". Does this mean that the DAC does not consume the DSD bitstream directly? Do you loose something by using this transport (I want to believe PCM is used only as transport of the raw information and not some down/upsampling magic)? Is this some Mac limitation ?
   + Audirvana only goes as far as DSD128 while I understand the K3 should be able to handle DSD256 (not like I will listen to the difference) but still.

Thanks for any info on this points

Flaker

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2019-3-14 18:46:32 |Show all posts |
Dear friend,

The K3 uses RGB indicator; the USB power plug in, the power switch  turn on, and red or yellow may be displayed in the non-playback state;
The current audio quality can be indicated only in the normal playback state:
1, blue ≤ 48khz sampling rate(<44.1kHz sampling rate not support)
2, yellow >48khz sampling rate
3, green DSD format

You could try using  ≤ 48khz sampling rate music files for check.

Owing to the facts that the DSD256 is encapsulated as 384kHz on Windows and as 768kHz on OSX, while the K3 can only decode up to 384kHz. So when running on Windows it can support up to DSD256, but on OSX it's only up to DSD128.

Best regards

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2019-11-19 21:09 , Processed in 0.019056 second(s), 22 queries .