F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio M9
AMPs
Fiio Q5
regtime
2019-3-22
Post time 2019-3-22 03:01:13 |Show all posts |
I've tried a few times to update the Tidal app to the latest version on my M9.  Every time I click update a screen pops up that says Tidal has stopped.  Do I need to download the app onto my memory card or is there a way that I can wirelessly update to the latest version of Tidal?

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
M9 -- X3II
AMPs
MF ARC
Head Gears
Senn. HD700
regtime
2015-11-6
Post time 2019-3-22 03:29:11 |Show all posts |
Disclaimer: I don't nor have I ever used Tidal. I'm approaching this from an Android perspective, about which I know a fair bit.

--

How are you trying to update? Is there some update switch within the app itself? That may not be supported on the M9.

I would download the most recent Tidal .apk from your preferred site, copy it to the SD card, and try installing it via a file explorer (ES or the built-in should both work); incidentally, this is how you sideload every 3rd party app on the M series of Fiio players.

If this doesn't work, it could be that Fiio is limiting version support to whatever version they pre-install in their firmware updates, however I can only speculate there.

Hope this helps

~T

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
flac
AMPs
m9
regtime
2019-3-16
Post time 2019-3-22 03:37:34 |Show all posts |
twiztedtbone replied at 2019-3-22 03:29
Disclaimer: I don't nor have I ever used Tidal. I'm approaching this from an Android perspective, ab ...

Good advice. I would add that thankfully, Fiio is not limiting version support - for either Tidal or Qobuz.

I have used APKpure with much success. All versions available here: https://apkpure.com/tidal-music- ... piro.tidal/versions

With the M9, I did, however, place the APK on the internal drive partition rather than the Sd card. Although, that shouldn't make much difference.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio M9
AMPs
Fiio Q5
regtime
2019-3-22
Post time 2019-3-22 04:07:38 |Show all posts |
Success!  I downloaded the APK file to the internal memory of my M9. I located the file, double clicked and Tidal update to the latest version.  Thank you everyone for their advice!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2019-6-27 20:12 , Processed in 0.022307 second(s), 21 queries .