digest
F-Coin
regtime
2019-5-4
Post time 2019-5-4 04:47:33 |Show all posts |
Hello,
Since the last update (
1.0.9 for FIIO X7II)I've encountered some problems with the equalizer:
1. It has a harsh sound with no effect whenplaying with the first and second band (31-62 hz; 62-125 hz), barely risen up(at about 2 db each). It happens with almost every type of song, that has lowfrequency. The file format that I've testet with was .flac.
2. It doesn't work with DSD file formats.
3. It doesn't work with third party streamingservicies like Tidal or Spotify. (I can't hear any difference with it turned onor off).
I would really appreciate if someone has asolution for all of these and if someone has encountered this situation!

Thank You!

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
fiio M11
AMPs
fiio M11
regtime
2019-10-6
Post time 2019-10-6 17:05:10 |Show all posts |
Hello!

I just bough a FIIO M11 and updated to latest firmware 1.0.7 and experience the same/at least very comparable problems as qube32 has.

I only tested using .flac files but made the following experiences when switching on the equalizer (having different bands adjusted between +3.9db - +6.9db, using gain settings low):

1.) switching the equalizer on/off during track playing does not change anything -> equalizer does not have any effect
2.) in case equalizer is switched on and I fast-forward or rewind within the same track:
         - volume increases to an unnatural high level (feels like much more than the +6.9db) for ~3 seconds
         - clearly to hear is that the sound is immediately distorted (very harsh). The compelete sound scenery loses any kind beauty for ~3 seconds
3.) After ~3 seconds volume decreases to the old level before fast-forwarding/rewinding the current track. Equalizer settings with adapted bands do not seem to have any effect as the sound is the same as if I have the equalizer disabled.

Equalizer functionality using firmware v1.0.7 is not given currently. Sound scenery is destroyed in case of fast-forwarding/rewinding inside tracks, equalizer settings are not applied. It seems, that this is a general bug and not hardware dependant as different devices share the same problems using different firmware revisions. I assume the code base for the equlizer is the same being used for the different devices.

I disabled the equalizer currently. Annoying I must say for a vendor (and device), which claims to deliver high quality devices for an audiophile listening audience.

When will these bugs being fixed and available as a new firmware revision?

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2019-10-7 16:58:02 |Show all posts |
Iridian replied at 2019-10-6 17:05
Hello!

I just bough a FIIO M11 and updated to latest firmware 1.0.7 and experience the same/at leas ...

Dear friend,

Could you please show me a small video about your operation via email?

And if possible, please send your test file to us.

Best regards

Use magic Report

Prime Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X7ii DAP
AMPs
Beresford Capella
DACs
Beresford Caiman SEG
Head Gears
AKG812Pro, AKG K3003i, AKG Y50BT
regtime
2014-4-27
Post time 2019-10-9 20:13:31 |Show all posts |
#FiiO   There doesn't seem any point in anyone sending you a video.  The fact is, the equaliser just does not work.  It doesn't work on my X7ii either.  When it is switched on or switched off, there is no change in the sound at all.

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2019-10-10 11:07:05 |Show all posts |
superbike999 replied at 2019-10-9 20:13
#FiiO   There doesn't seem any point in anyone sending you a video.  The fact is, the equaliser just ...

Dear friend,

Did you ask your friend to check for you? Maybe the EQ is not quite noticeable?

Best regards

Use magic Report

Prime Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X7ii DAP
AMPs
Beresford Capella
DACs
Beresford Caiman SEG
Head Gears
AKG812Pro, AKG K3003i, AKG Y50BT
regtime
2014-4-27
Post time 7 Day Before |Show all posts |
FiiO replied at 2019-10-10 11:07
Dear friend,

Did you ask your friend to check for you? Maybe the EQ is not quite noticeable?

I've tried all 600 friends in the street.  They all say it's not quite noticeable because the B thing doesn't work and doesn't alter the sound.  

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Post time 7 Day Before |Show all posts |
superbike999 replied at 2019-10-11 02:31
I've tried all 600 friends in the street.  They all say it's not quite noticeable because the B th ...

Dear friend,

Thanks for the feedback. We will report to the engineer about that.

We spent lots of time to develop a new EQ , of course some still think it is not

good, and of course we still take time to improve it but plz understand it is not a easy work to us.

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
M11
AMPs
M11 - X5 2nd Gen
DACs
M11
Head Gears
Focal Listen Beyond - AKG Q460 -
regtime
2019-9-16
Post time 5 Day Before |Show all posts |
Iridian replied at 2019-10-6 17:05
Hello!

I just bough a FIIO M11 and updated to latest firmware 1.0.7 and experience the same/at leas ...

@Iridian

Hey just created a thread for this Issue I'm having the same problem as you

Maybe you cloud migrate your message in my thread (just a thought) as here it's about X7II and hardware of the M11 is not the same

http://www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod ... &extra=page%3D1

Regards

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Post time 4 Day Before |Show all posts |

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2019-10-18 09:14 , Processed in 0.024419 second(s), 22 queries .