FiiO Forums

Retrieve Password
Register Now
/Sign In
Search
!show!: 1635|Reply: 6

M3K: improve scrolling through large lists ...

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Twonkyserver
AMPs
M3K
regtime
2019-4-13
Post time 2019-5-11 23:30:10 |Show all posts |
As mentioned many times before from many users scrolling through large lists of songs/artists/albums/etc. is a "pain in the ass".

At the moment you can scroll a single line when you press the physical back/next button or swiping the illuminated bar up or down.
Can you please improve this behaviour by for example "press and hold the button/bar to jump forward (backward) one page or even better: jump forward/backward to the next/previous Letter.

This would allow us to listen to songs (bands/albums/etc) which start with a letter other than 'A' or 'B' :-)
Actually listening to a specific song/band/album/etc. is not really possible without scrolling for minutes!

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2019-5-13 17:34:46 |Show all posts |
Dear friend,

You could hold the next button to fast scrolling the playlist.

We may not add the forward page function in M3K. But we will try to add the quick locating function in later firmware update for M3K.

Best regards

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Twonkyserver
AMPs
M3K
regtime
2019-4-13
Post time 2019-5-14 03:50:13 |Show all posts |
Thanks for your reply!

I know that I could hold down the button, but this does not help much when scrolling through a playlist with 5000 or more songs
Jumping to the next letter or jumping for a selectable (options) number of entries e.g. 200 would be nice.

If you meant the last one with "quick locating function" I could hardly wait for the next firmware update

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
mp3, aac
AMPs
m3k
regtime
2019-7-4
Post time 2019-7-4 03:56:25 |Show all posts |
Suggestion:
how about this, in any category (Title, Artist, Album..) holding the pause button will give you a list of letters (a->z), then just scroll to letter and enter!
This would be my prefered method.
The only thing even better, is a search option!
best wishes,
David

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2019-7-6 16:52:52 |Show all posts |
fiddy replied at 2019-7-4 03:56
Suggestion:
how about this, in any category (Title, Artist, Album..) holding the pause button will  ...

Dear friend,

This is the quick locating function we would try to add for the M3K.

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Vinyl, Reels, CD, SACD, DVD-A, ...
AMPs
M3K
regtime
2019-7-8
Post time 2019-7-8 08:05:40 |Show all posts |
Edited by k-ifyouwant at 2019-7-8 08:17

I am having a similar issue. I am using a 512 GB microSD card with lots of music, and there is no way to quickly scroll through the artists. Also, artists' names starting with "The" are under the "T" sections, so if I forget if e.g. the artist name is "The Beatles" or "Beatles," I'll go to look under "B" and the artist won't be there, so I'll have to scroll to the other end of the alphabet to find it. Fixing this would be hugely appreciated!

**EDIT: I just wanted to add, the way that this was implemented on the old 160GB iPod Classics was that after scrolling through the entire contents of some letter, e.g. all the artist names that start with letter "B," you would start scrolling through letters. When you stopped scrolling, you could then start scrolling again through the artist names under the new letter. Even some macroscopic / rough scrolling like this would make a big difference! Thanks so much for your hard work on this device, guys.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
mp3, aac
AMPs
m3k
regtime
2019-7-4
Post time 2019-7-11 04:54:04 |Show all posts |
FiiO replied at 2019-7-6 16:52
Dear friend,

This is the quick locating function we would try to add for the M3K.

Nice!

Yes, as you can see we will all greatly appreciate this function!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2019-10-18 06:26 , Processed in 0.021830 second(s), 22 queries .