F-Coin
Audio Sources
M7
AMPs
What
regtime
2019-7-1
Post time 2019-7-1 20:11:30 |Show all posts |
Hello, I have a problem in the organisation of the audio files. I listen to classical music.

Each "silence" seems to be considered as the end of the music piece ! Furthermore the music pieces do not play one after the other but the same piece repeats itself after playing. I have to press "next" to jump from number 1 to number 2....
In fact I have never seen such a mess in the organisation of files. If a concert is recorded on 2 CDs, the FiiO begins the concert with either number 1 or number 2 disc without logic.
I must be missing something or the app is rotten or my FiiO is out of order (just bought it)....

please help !!

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Head Gears
beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro
regtime
2019-1-23
Post time 2019-7-2 02:13:16 |Show all posts |
Playing multiple discs seems to be a problem.

I have a huge collection of soundtracks - many of them are box-releases with at least 2 - sometimes up to 15 CDs...

My M9 does not really support Multi-Disc-Albums (I've started a threat for this problem before...).

Nevertheless... I identified several ways to get used to the situation:
Try to tag your files prperly - especially the field "CD".  Then the Fiio Music App should show you all titles beginning with CD1 track 1 to CDx track x in the correct order.

You can add an "CD"-annex to the album names (e. g. Matrix - The Score - CD1, Matrix - The Score - CD2 etc.). This way you will get numerous albums, but have the possibility to navigate quickly between the CDs.

Use ES File Explorer to navigate to the CD/track you want to start with. Unlikely this tool is much more comfortable for albums of more than one CD than anything Fiio provides...

Even the file management does not work properly, since you cannot read folder names that contain more than 10 characters... big fail. ES file explorer on the other hand does it quite well.

Cheers.   

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
M3K, X1, M7
AMPs
I
regtime
2019-2-26
Post time 2019-7-2 17:54:16 |Show all posts |
You can name it like track number-CD, 1-1, 3-2, 1-9

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2019-7-2 18:17:33 |Show all posts |
Dear friend,

Which model are you using? And please check the firmware version first? Is it the latest version?

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
M7
AMPs
What
regtime
2019-7-1
Post time 6 Day Before |Show all posts |
FiiO replied at 2019-7-2 18:17
Dear friend,

Which model are you using? And please check the firmware version first? Is it the late ...

I have a M7 and yes I have donwloaded and installed the latest firmware version.

1. I must confess that the explanation given by treborsky and Mr Eleganto seem complicated. When I drop music from my NAS on my M7 I do not want to rename the tracks....

2. Furthermore I have another problem, my M7 is not recognised by my windows 10 laptop even after installing the software.... Oups bad

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 3 Day Before |Show all posts |
Bliblu replied at 2019-8-13 18:12
I have a M7 and yes I have donwloaded and installed the latest firmware version.

1. I must confes ...

Dear friend,

Try to reinstall the MTP driver?

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
24 Bit FLAC, DSF, Tidal MQA, via Roon to Sonore Micro Rendu
AMPs
X5III, Schiit Jotunheim, Yorkville PX 1700
DACs
Mytek Liberty with custom R-Core LPS
Head Gears
Focal Clear, Etymotic ER4SR
regtime
2019-7-8
Post time 3 Hour Before |Show all posts |
Same issue with my X5III with multi disc sets.
I’m sure my files are tagged correctly.
The Fiio player doesn’t seem to recognize the Disc Number tag.
This can be worked around by numbering files with 1-1, 1-2 etc as suggested above.
It’s a hassle but there’s file naming software out there that makes remaining by sequence pretty easy.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2019-8-19 08:36 , Processed in 0.021563 second(s), 22 queries .