Mp3, flac
AMPs
FiiO M6
regtime
2019-7-10
Post time 2019-7-10 18:49:24 |Show all posts |
Hi everyone,

My story sounds exactly like so many users:

I have a Fiio m6 for almost 3 months, I bought it to replace my old iPod Classic, I enjoyed all the functions of this one and I thought it would be the same or better with the m6.

First I tried everything to sync and reverse sync this one with iTunes or equivalent like Musicbee, I listen a lot and I need to know how much time I listen a track with a playcount, I need to have the lyrics of them etc..

I would love to play minigames and listen music at the same time, just like iPod does.

I just would love to enjoy android as it is, doing what I want to do with.

I even tried to change the package name of the apps to install almost anything, some apps had problems because of it, but the Fiio can handle it for sure.

So now I'm tired of spending my time to find something for three months, we all want it, keeping this withelist is like blacklisting your clients, it's a waste of time, I don't ask for an expensive app store like Google Play, I ask freedom at our own risk.

I'm ready to create a petition, whatever the device you have, if you're interested let me know.

My second post will be maybe the link of the petiton.

Best regards.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
24 Bit FLAC, DSF, Tidal MQA, via Roon to Sonore Micro Rendu
AMPs
X5III, Schiit Jotunheim, Yorkville PX 1700
DACs
Mytek Liberty with custom R-Core LPS
Head Gears
Focal Clear, Etymotic ER4SR
regtime
2019-7-8
Post time 2019-7-11 03:30:30 |Show all posts |
I'm not sure I fully understand your problem but it seems I disagree.
Fiio uses a customized version of Android designed to give primacy to Hi-Res sound quality.
Having a whitelist ensures those apps will work with the customized OS.
On my X5III I'm free to download apps from the Google Play store but my experience is that they often don't work.
This isn't a problem with Fiio, it's *by design*.
It's not a fully functional Android device that plays music.  It's a dedicated music player that has some Android functionality.
I chose Fiio specifically for this reason.  Perhaps it's not the right device for you.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Mp3, flac
AMPs
FiiO M6
regtime
2019-7-10
Post time 2019-7-11 17:41:57 |Show all posts |
I heard your point, maybe you're right, I didn't choose the right device, surprisingly I agree that "It's a dedicated music player that has some Android functionality.", and it would be great if fiio respect that but how could I use it as a music player if the music app doesn't support any syncing, playlist, playcount, composer etc...?
I thought fiio would let us find a way to use their devices as they are, but we can't...
It's too bad because the sound is great, the m6 is not fast but as you said we don't take it for anything but the music and the hardware is perfect for that.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
24 Bit FLAC, DSF, Tidal MQA, via Roon to Sonore Micro Rendu
AMPs
X5III, Schiit Jotunheim, Yorkville PX 1700
DACs
Mytek Liberty with custom R-Core LPS
Head Gears
Focal Clear, Etymotic ER4SR
regtime
2019-7-8
Post time 2019-7-12 04:57:50 |Show all posts |
I've since read another user review that said the M11 doesn't provide access to Google Play at all.
If that's also true with your M6 than I agree with you that this is disappointing.
I also agree that the Fiio music app has limited functionality.

Use magic Report

Prime Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FLAC, DSD, M4a/ACC, MP3
AMPs
Antique Sound Lab MG-Head Mark III, Meridian 502/557
DACs
FiiO X5III, Meridian 566/24
Head Gears
BGVP DM6, FiiO F9-Pro, Sennheiser HD 650, HD 600, HD 497, 1More Triple Driver, Klipsch S4, S4a
regtime
2016-3-6

Enthusiastic Member Active Member

Post time 2019-7-12 10:29:51 |Show all posts |
Hi,

I also have an iPod which I've upgraded to a 512g SSD that I use for my Audiobooks. I sync this with Audible through iTunes. However, it never even occurred to me to try syncing my FiiO X5-III to iTunes since Apple has made iTunes very specific to Apple devices and almost seems to go out of their way to make it not work with Android devices due to the iOS-Android wars.

I use JRiver for syncing to all Android devices. It's not free but it's very reasonably priced considering that it's the best and most versatile PC-based media management system on the market. Besides syncing my X5-III with it, I use it to create playlists and to provide DNLA streaming of all media types to the various devices in my home. Take a look at JRiver and see if it can meet your needs for managing your music library between your PC/Music Server and your Android devices. Apple has already announced they are ending support for iTunes anyway.

Regarding Android apps, I got the X5-III in part due to FiiO's pure music mode which shuts down all other apps except for the FiiO Music app. I have a really good Android smartphone that takes care of all my needs for running apps but sucks as a music player compared to an X5-III with its balanced amp (especially in Balanced Turbo mode) so as Placebophile stated, the FiiO devices are exceptional music devices but not intended for use as a general Android device so if you can take a look at the apps you have and try to focus a few specific music apps run on your M6 and keep the rest on your smartphone I think you will have better luck.

D

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2019-10-18 07:08 , Processed in 0.021431 second(s), 22 queries .