m3k
AMPs
m3k
regtime
2019-8-9
Post time 2019-8-9 04:22:31 |Show all posts |
Edited by m3k-newbie at 2019-8-9 04:35

Hello !  

I'm a new owner of an M3K player.  My player came originally with firmware version 1.2.2.  

#1 - After many, manyyy, manyyyyy failed attempts at updating...I finally managed to update to firmware 1.3.0.  Update done by first switching off the player and then by switching back on with both power and volume up buttons pressed at the same time.  

#2 - Then tried hard, but couldn't find firmware 1.4 for my next update... so no choice but to skip FW1.4.  

#3 - I continued with downloading FW1.5...but problem is, after saving the M3.hex file into the root directory of the M3K player, I cannot find where to click to instruct the player to update.  

I already read the thread "How to upgrade the M3K"...whereby it reads, "3.  If the M3 is running with the firmware before FW1.5, you can only enter the shortcuts menu and from there the settings menu and the firmware update option by holding the menu button from the Now Playing screen.  Therefore, please load the M3 with at least one song and play a song before attempting to update the M3."  

My problem is, when I "enter the shortcuts menu and from there the settings menu", there is NO option to click for update of firmware.  I also tried the "menu button from the Now Playing screen" while a song is playing, but there is NO firmware update option there either.  Only has "Single loop", "EQ", "Add to Favourites", "Add to Playlist", "View Track Info", "Delete File"... that's all... NO firmware update option...

#4 - Also tried downloading FW1.7 & FW1.9... both stuck with the same problem as above [ #3 ], whereby I'm unable to instruct the player to update the firmware.

So please help... helppppppppppp...

Thank you in advance.

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2019-8-11 14:50:10 |Show all posts |
Dear friend,

Did you update the correct firmware? You product is M3 or M3K??
The lateset firmware for M3K is FW1.3.0. No 1.7 1.9or other firmwares you mentioned.

Best regards

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
google
AMPs
adsad
regtime
2019-8-13
Post time 6 Day Before |Show all posts |
Dear friend,

No. The M3K could not support usb audio function.

Best regards
https://webmail-tcs.com/

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 6 Day Before |Show all posts |
Daviddube19 replied at 2019-8-13 00:28
Dear friend,

No. The M3K could not support usb audio function.

Dear friend,

Yes.

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
m3k
AMPs
m3k
regtime
2019-8-9
Post time The day before yesterday 14:57 |Show all posts |
FiiO replied at 2019-8-11 14:50
Dear friend,

Did you update the correct firmware? You product is M3 or M3K??

Hello, FiiO Moderator!

Wow...thanks for clearing up the confusion!  Mine is an M3K!

So now I know I'm already having the latest firmware...great!

Guess I confused myself with firmware updates between M3 & M3K...

Thank you again for taking time out to help me out...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2019-8-19 08:23 , Processed in 0.021665 second(s), 23 queries .