Audio Sources
Fiio M11
AMPs
N/A
regtime
2019-8-10
Post time 2019-8-10 20:45:14 |Show all posts |
Hi

I do not know if anyone has had the same issues, but recently upgraded from a Fiio X3 to the new Fiio M11 and had some sound problems.

I have found that when choosing a song there is a clicking sound on the left, right or even both ears. I have tried different headphones, earphines, sdcards but still the same.

I have then tried the card in sd cards in my X3 and do not hear anything like this.

Any help / advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

DLJay

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2019-8-11 13:21:52 |Show all posts |
Dear friend,

Which output port are you using?
And were you switching the music file in different sampling rate?

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio M11
AMPs
N/A
regtime
2019-8-10
Post time 2019-8-11 18:00:37 |Show all posts |
Hi

Thanks for your queries.

I am using 2.5mm port with Fiio FH1 earphones. The same happens with any other ear or headphones.

It does not appear to be a sampling rate problem as it an happen to different song on the same album, all in FLAC format. This is for music I have ripped from CD's via foobar or I have bought via 7Digital.

Many thanks

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2019-8-13 16:52:23 |Show all posts |
DLJay replied at 2019-8-11 18:00
Hi

Thanks for your queries.

Dear friend,

Would you mind sharing two files of this album to us for testing?

Best regards

Use magic Report

Prime Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FLAC, DSD, M4a/ACC, MP3
AMPs
Antique Sound Lab MG-Head Mark III, Meridian 502/557
DACs
FiiO X5III, Meridian 566/24
Head Gears
BGVP DM6, FiiO F9-Pro, Sennheiser HD 650, HD 600, HD 497, 1More Triple Driver, Klipsch S4, S4a
regtime
2016-3-6

Enthusiastic Member Active Member

Post time 2019-8-13 17:00:54 |Show all posts |
Hi DLJay,

Normally if you are hearing a click right when you select a new track, this is caused by the DAC reconfiguring its sampling rate parameters when changing from a FLAC 16/44.1 track to a FLAC 24/96 track for example. Even then, I hardly ever hear this on my X5-III so if you are hearing this when changing adjacent tracks on a single album, something else must be happening. I don't have an M11 but here is what I would try:

1. Change filter settings and see if it makes any difference.
2. Turn off all sound path options such as the equalizer, Bluetooth and Wifi outputs/options, Gapless playback, Replay gain, HWA, etc. Listen after turning them all off and if the sound is gone then turn on the most important options one at a time and see if it comes back. If it does then send a message to support@fiio.com since they are the ones equiped to figure stuff like this out.

Post back here as well if you find the cause/fix so others will know what to do if they have the same issue.

D

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio M11
AMPs
N/A
regtime
2019-8-10
Post time 2019-8-16 15:27:08 |Show all posts |
Hi Fiio / dilburt

Thanks for your replies.

Following dilburt's advice the problem appears to be the equalizer.

I had not configured my M11 much so it was just a case of turning off the gapless playback and the equalizer. After switching them on individually it appears that the issue arises only when the equalizer is switched on. Regardless of the setting on the equalizer (classical, rock user etc), it still occurs. Even as I switch the on equalizer, there is an audible pop in one of the channels.

Many thanks

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Post time 2019-8-19 15:46:33 |Show all posts |
DLJay replied at 2019-8-16 15:27
Hi Fiio / dilburt

Thanks for your replies.

Dear friend,

You may also provide some music files to us for  check?

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FiiO M11
AMPs
none
regtime
2019-7-25
Post time 2019-8-23 20:30:16 |Show all posts |
Edited by Bluebeast at 2019-8-23 20:36

Hello.

I must say, that I also noticed this kind of a problem on my M11, like 'DLJay' mentioned, but in my case I noticed more of a short squeaky sounds (he has mentioned clicking sounds), when using skip through music files... This happens when I am listening to a music file and before it comes to an end, I skip it to a next one and so on. I also noticed that this happens at the start of a new file, but not every time...

I'm using mixed files on my sd card… mp3 and flac format and using a FiiO music app…also there is no difference which headphones and port I use: balanced, regular (single end) or via Bluetooth.

I would agree with an explanation that 'dilburt' provided and will try what he suggested.

I will also pay more attention on the file types when it happens... and try with different app (power amp or vlc).

I have to say that I did not noticed this on my FiiO X3-II and xDuoo X-20, which I also have and to be honest, it is quite annoying and would be nice if FiiO could do something to solve this problem.

To FiiO... about sample music files... I suggest, that you just put together some mixed files (mp3 and flac) and try as I described and you will definitely hear it.

Regards.
Rok

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio M11
AMPs
N/A
regtime
2019-8-10
Post time 2019-8-27 00:01:34 |Show all posts |
Hi

I have now provided 4 flac music files to Fiio support, 2 each from the same albums.

Upon receiving an answer I will update this board

Thanks for everyones help

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FiiO M11
AMPs
none
regtime
2019-7-25
Post time 2019-9-1 00:04:54 |Show all posts |
Edited by Bluebeast at 2019-9-1 00:07

Hello.

I would like to inform about my testing.

I tried as 'dilbur' suggested and to be honest it didn't take long to find a problem – equalizer…
When I turned off an equalizer the problem was gone… the skipping through music was without any weird noises (clicking or short squeaky sounds), just like it supposed to sound…

I also tried with VLC app and there was no problem, I couldn't tried with power amp, because my trial version ended…

To be honest, I like the FiiO music app and it would be fine if the FiiO could fix that problem, because there is definitely something wrong with equalizer part in app that is not working correctly.

Thanks to 'DLJay' for providing the files and I'm waiting to see if FiiO support will menage to resolve this problem.

Regards.
Rok

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Post time 2019-9-5 16:58:50 |Show all posts |
Bluebeast replied at 2019-9-1 00:04
Hello.
I would like to inform about my testing.
I tried as 'dilbur' suggested and to be honest it di ...

Dear friend,

here is the latest beta firmware, you can download here and have a try :http://fiio-file.fiio.net/M11-ota-20190904.zip

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio M11
AMPs
N/A
regtime
2019-8-10
Post time 2019-9-10 21:08:21 |Show all posts |
Hi

Thanks for the latest beta firmware. If there are an bugs can I rollback this update to the previous firmware update?

Thanks

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FiiO M11
AMPs
none
regtime
2019-7-25
Post time 7 Day Before |Show all posts |
Edited by Bluebeast at 2019-9-11 04:14

Hello..

I have to say that the problem is not entirely solved.

- When listening with wired headphones (3,5mm), the clicking or squeaky sounds at the begining of the song is almost gone (very silent) but acceptable.
- When listening with bluetooth headphones, the problem is still present as before, very annoying.
- With balanced headphones I could not test, because I'm on vacation now and I don't have them with me...

FiiO, there will still be some work to solve this problem with clicking or squeaky sound, sorry...
Could it be possible that you concider some more suggestions or problems for FiiO music app:
- there is some sign visable when viewing a list of songs, which wasn't visable in previous version 1.1.3 (see the picture attached)
- when listing through the song list an alphabetical table appear (at the right side), could there be an option to choose that this table could always be on or dissepear after time (because it is really annoying if it dissepears to quickly - in this version 1.1.5 is visible longer, but not enough)...

And also as 'DLJay' asked, can the version be reverted back to previous version, but as I had a chance to test the new beta app, there is a slight improvement and would be nice if you consider the suggestion and problem that I told you about and for myself, I would definitely not go back?

That's it for now.
Regards.
Rok

Alphabetical table...

Alphabetical table...

Sign that was not in previous version...

Sign that was not in previous version...

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Post time 7 Day Before |Show all posts |
Bluebeast replied at 2019-9-11 04:03
Hello..

I have to say that the problem is not entirely solved.

Dear friend,

Did you check via other bluetooth headphone? IS the wifi on at the same time?

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FiiO M11
AMPs
none
regtime
2019-7-25
Post time 6 Day Before |Show all posts |
Edited by Bluebeast at 2019-9-12 03:07

Hello FiiO...

I'm sorry, but I didn't try with other bluetooth headphones, because here on vacation I didn't bring spare one...
I wasn't paying attention, so I had to try it again and have to say that, there was no difference if WiFi was on or off...problem was still present...

I was experimenting and as 'dilburt' noted about the problem with changing from a FLAC 16/44.1 track to a FLAC 24/96 track... in my case, a clicking or squeaky sound is very noticable, when changing from a FLAC 24/96 to any other FLAC 16 or mp3 track...

Regards.
Rok

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Bluebeast replied at 2019-9-12 03:05
Hello FiiO...

I'm sorry, but I didn't try with other bluetooth headphones, because here on vacation ...

Dear friend,

Are you using the 0904version firmware? If the issue is reproducable, would you mind sending some files to us for test?

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FiiO M11
AMPs
none
regtime
2019-7-25
Post time 6 Day Before from mobile |Show all posts |
Edited by Bluebeast at 2019-9-12 17:42

Hello

I will try to sum up some files and send it over to you.

I'm using 1.0.6 version of main fw (on M11 player) and 1.1.5 version of Fiio music app (you send me that version)...

Which version are you refering to?

Regards.
Rok

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Bluebeast replied at 2019-9-12 17:40
Hello

I will try to sum up some files and send it over to you.

Dear friend,

This version:http://fiio-file.fiio.net/M11-ota-20190904.zip?

Yes. Please send some files to us for check. Thanks in advanced!

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FiiO M11
AMPs
none
regtime
2019-7-25
Hello...

What does this ota file suppose to be, upgrade for Fiio music app or main fw upgrade?

Sorry, I would just like to know if something goes wrong, that I can go back to original version... Can I use original 1.0.6 fw and set it as it was from factory again?

Regards.
Rok

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FiiO M11
AMPs
none
regtime
2019-7-25
Post time 5 Day Before |Show all posts |
Hello...

I saw, that this is the version I already downloaded as you suggested in post 11...
I tested and posted the results in post 13, where I also noted another problem and suggested some improvement (check the pictures that I have attached in post 13)...

Regards
Rok

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2019-9-18 11:45 , Processed in 0.029798 second(s), 25 queries .