Audio Sources
vinyls
AMPs
luxman lx100
regtime
2019-8-14
Post time 2019-8-14 03:21:09 |Show all posts |
Hello
I just purchased a Fiio M11 after reading all the publicity about it being the new Fiio flagship. I already possess a X5iii and I am quite satified with it. I had much trouble with transferring files to the M11. I am using Media Monkey to manage my rather large collection of flac files that I have carefully built from digitalizing all my vinyl lp's. So I transferred most of them on two micro-sd cards on the M11 using the synchronise function on Media Monkey. When done, i had to scan them on the M11 which I did. All went well and all the files are there on the M11 nicely displayed with artist name, album name and numbered track. I had to reset the data-base on the M11 because I moved some files to a new (bigger) micro-sd card. Then I discovered that the M11 had completely destroyed the structure of my files, everything is recorded as filename in the M11, i.e. Music/Artist/Album/Track
all into the filename so I cannot manage the Fiio M11 using Media Monkey as everything is listed alphabetically as the created filename. On the M11, no problem all is listed under Artist, Album, a.s.o but there is no way for me to recover the existing structure in Media Monkey. This behaviour is seriously annoying. Do you have an explanation for me or a way to manage the M11 files from a computer ? Thanks for your help

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2019-8-15 23:26:19 |Show all posts |
Dear friend,

Thank you for your kind feedback. But I don't know how to use the software for syncing the music files so I am afraid I could not get your point. But after scaning the media library, you could view the music from artist/album...category. And if you would like to view the storage of M11, please install the MTP driver first: https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/184405.html

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
vinyls
AMPs
luxman lx100
regtime
2019-8-14
Post time 2019-8-16 16:26:06 |Show all posts |
FiiO replied at 2019-8-15 23:26
Dear friend,

Thank you for your kind feedback. But I don't know how to use the software for syncing ...

Thank you for your answer. I did all you recommend and installed the driver. After having had to "reset database" inside of the M11, this completely jeopardized the structure of the files and when I connect the M11 to the pc via usb and using my favorite programm to manage the files, i.e the well known "Media Monkey" (I am surprised you do not know this software) I cannot recognize the structure of the files inside the M11 as it did put all the information into the file name separated with / - So i guess I will have to live with that but it does not make me happier...

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
vinyls
AMPs
luxman lx100
regtime
2019-8-14
Post time 2019-8-20 17:16:39 |Show all posts |
Okay no reply from you which doesn't surprise me. I found a way to manage the files i.e. I unmount the micro-sd card from the M11 and read it from the PC directly and it works well, everything is nicely displayed on the sd card and I can transfer or erase file using Media Monkey. That's all, the subject is closed. Luckily the sound out of the M11 is satisfactory, Hope that I will not have to complain again.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2019-12-14 07:07 , Processed in 0.021004 second(s), 23 queries .