Audio Sources
flac, m4a, mp3
AMPs
X5III
regtime
2018-1-10
Post time 7 Day Before |Show all posts |
Edited by linguinee at 2019-10-14 08:20

Recently I rooted my X5 III and dispensed with all the CPU hogging Google bloatware as well as Fiio's music player. Finally the X5 responds in without the annoying lags and delays. My player of choice is Neutron MP which performs beautifully on the stripped down X5.

There's one area which is problematic though and am wondering if there's an option available. I enjoy listening to internet radio on the X5 but, without trying them all, the few radio apps I've installed (via apk downloads) require that all the Google Services software be re-enabled. I'm reluctant to do that because the X5's performance is so much snappier without it.

To save me from running through them all, does anyone know of a radio app that will run without all the Google Services software? Wifi is functioning and I can stream stations through Neutron MP but it requiring that server URLs be manually entered is cumbersome and I'd like to avoid it.

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 7 Day Before |Show all posts |
Dear friend,

I am sorry we do not confirm which app support that. Hope other user have tried instead.

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
flac, m4a, mp3
AMPs
X5III
regtime
2018-1-10
Post time 4 Day Before |Show all posts |
Edited by linguinee at 2019-10-14 08:17

Answering my query for others in similar straits:

"TuneFM" is a radio app that works well with the following Google bloatware disabled:
- Google Account Manager
- Google Play Services
- Google Play Store
- Google Services Framework

Since all Google Play related software is disabled if you want to install TuneFM you'll need an APK. Here's a link to TuneFM via apkpure.com:
https://apkpure.com/radio-fm-pla ... adio.sanity.radiofm

Download the apk and transfer it to X5's storage via your computer; from the X5 open it with a file manager (I used the already installed ES File Explorer) to install TuneFM.

Upon initially launching TuneFM will notify that Google Play Services requires updating. I ignored the notification with no ill effects; the app performs well: simple interface with minimal lag although you will be subjected to ads.

I suppose one can enable Google Play and pay for an ad free version if that's an issue (but I'm not sure if the Google Play framework need be permanently re-enabled for the TuneFM to reference your account and app version status).

Happy listening.

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 4 Day Before |Show all posts |
Thanks for the feedback.

But the Google play is still available in X5III. Did you uninstall it before?

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
flac, m4a, mp3
AMPs
X5III
regtime
2018-1-10
Post time 3 Day Before |Show all posts |
FiiO replied at 2019-10-14 16:52
Thanks for the feedback.

But the Google play is still available in X5III. Did you uninstall it be ...

I didn't uninstall it, I disabled it. And I don't intend on enabling it again. The X5 III runs so much better: more stable and much, much faster without all the Google software.

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Post time 3 Day Before |Show all posts |
Ok.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5III
AMPs
E17 at the moment a dead display
regtime
2019-1-31
Post time The day before yesterday 03:29 |Show all posts |
Does the FIIO music app need google play etc to run?
How about file management, important to me as I tend to load new music by USB drive using OTG?
Thanks for any answers on this, cheers

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Post time The day before yesterday 16:27 |Show all posts |
Dear friend,

No, FiiO Music app and file management do not need google play.

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5III
AMPs
E17 at the moment a dead display
regtime
2019-1-31
Post time Yesterday  01:41 |Show all posts |
Wow!!
Disabled Google and related services.
Let the player reboot - very slow first time - then ...

Now it responds more or less in real time.  Much much faster and more responsive without google etc in the way.  This should be a go to setting for anyone who just wants a good DAP and doesn't need an old versioned Android based device.

Thank you very much to the OP for posting this.

cheers

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
flac, m4a, mp3
AMPs
X5III
regtime
2018-1-10
Post time 6 Hour Before from mobile |Show all posts |
For those who want to explore further there is quite an extensive list of bloatware one can delete from Android/X5 III if, as Jake33, all you want is a fast high quality DAP (and in my case, with an internet radio app option).

There is nothing binding you to Fiio's music player (and Fiio market place, etc). Further, once you're happy with the configuration there's no need to continually update the firmware which basically updates the Fiio player (and offers no improvements for those opting for other HD players, e.g., Neutron MP).

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2019-10-18 10:12 , Processed in 0.023083 second(s), 24 queries .