AMPs
THX 789 and Cavali hybrid amp
Head Gears
Fiio M11 Pro, FH7, Fiio X3 iii and Fiio X1
regtime
2020-1-12
Post time 2020-1-12 22:18:30 |Show all posts |
Hi all,
I auditioned Fiio M11 pro and like sound quality of it comparing to my other brand DAP. Hence, I got Fiio M11 pro yesterday. The unit gets warm while charging and playing music. It takes about 2 hours to charge this unit using usb quick charge. I am using 4.4 mm balanced cable for Shure se846 earphones.
I have the following concerns,
1. After charging M11 pro to 100%,  I played music in M11 pro continuously using pure music mode, high gain, short delay sharp roll off filter and all to DSD enabled. Wifi and bluetooth were disabled. I used shure se 846 with 4.4 mm balanced cable. The battery was drained in exactly 5 hours (I used stopwatch to monitor this). According to Fiio website, the battery life is upto 9.5 hours. Why did battery completely drain out in 5 hours? What could I do in order to have battery life for about 8 to 9 hours?
2. The unit gets warm while charging and also playing music. Would this heating issue eventually reduce after few weeks? Should I be concerned about this?
I hope that anyone here would give some insight on the above issues.
Thank you.                                       

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
M11
AMPs
M11 pro
Head Gears
FH7
regtime
2020-1-13
Post time 2020-1-13 00:35:18 |Show all posts |
I have The Same.

Use magic Report

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
iBasso DX220
AMPs
iBasso
regtime
2016-5-6
Post time 2020-1-13 02:05:15 |Show all posts |
Try turning off "All to DSD". This must require a lot of processing power and may explain the battery drain and heating issues?

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2020-1-15 18:05:00 |Show all posts |
1. Initially, check the "ALL to DSD" function is enabled or not. Because this function requires large amounts of computing resources. The CPU needs to be fully operational. Its power consumption will reach to the highest level and cause a large amount of heat. If in this case, switch off the "ALL to DSD" function.
2. Furthermore, the internal intelligent charging management circuit will also consume a lot of power in the process of charging electronic products. If the player is playing music at the same time. The heat will be more than normal. Usually, it is not recommended to use it while charging.
3. Additionally, the use of lether case and protective case will affect the heat dissipation of the M11 Pro. And the temperature will be slightly higher.
4. Finally, the M11 Pro uses two AK4497 chips that consume a lot of power to achieve high sound quality. It generates more heat than other chips when it works. Therefore, the M11 Pro will also emit heat when it is working normally.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2020-1-27 05:12 , Processed in 0.021388 second(s), 23 queries .