AMPs
M11 Pro
regtime
2020-2-13
Post time 2020-2-13 19:25:01 |Show all posts |
Device: M11 Pro
Problem description:
- music files are on external SD card
- when changing a minor detail in an album, e.g. replacing the cover art, then deleting the physical file, resetting the music database from within the fiio music app, and rescanning the database, the old cover art is still visible
- the new music files have new cover art, but the music database on the M11 remembers the old one
- this phenomenon happens even when rebooting the M11, even when resetting the database with the SD card out

Other posts on this forum have mentioned this exact problem on other fiio devices. Apparently the bug has not yet been fixed.

It seems that the reset database functionality from within the fiio music app does not work effectively. It remembers the old database. It should not do this. It should simply completely wipe all remnants of the previous music database.

Fiio: please address this bug in future firmware.

Meanwhile: can you, or other users on this forum, tell me if there's a database file that can be physically deleted on the internal storage of the M11? What is the name of this file and where do I find it?

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2020-2-14 16:52:59 |Show all posts |
Dear user,
The album art of your music file is embedded or external album art?
And is the app version of your FiiO Music app the 1.1.8?

Best regards

If you have any problem, you could try to send email to support@fiio.com first.

Use magic Report

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2020-1-22
Post time 2020-2-14 19:54:44 |Show all posts |
Hi,
I have exactly the same problem as "darknasa".
I'm running the FiiO Music app 1.1.8 and when I changed an mp3 album (320 kbps)
with imbedded cover (jpg, 300 kB) it still shows the old cover from the album I deleted.
Tried to reboot and everything above as "darknasa" did but no effect.
What to do?

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FLAC
AMPs
M11 Pro
regtime
2020-2-13
Post time 2020-2-16 05:17:32 |Show all posts |
FiiO replied at 2020-2-14 16:52
Dear user,
The album art of your music file is embedded or external album art?
And is the app versio ...

The art is always embedded in the music file itself. My app is 1.1.7. (I dare not upgrade until you guys are back at work...), apart from which v.1.1.8. has not solved this problem, see "henrixon." Also, since that might be your next question, WiFi is disabled on my M11. In other words, the app cannot go online to find album art.

Use magic Report

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2020-1-22
Post time 2020-2-16 19:01:01 |Show all posts |
darknasa replied at 2020-2-16 05:17
The art is always embedded in the music file itself. My app is 1.1.7. (I dare not upgrade until yo ...

No other problems though with the 1.1.8 update, but this special problem persist after I did the update.

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 7 Day Before |Show all posts |
Dear user,

We will report to the engineer for check when they could be back to work again. And is the previous album art the embedded album art as well?

Best regards

If you have any problem, you could try to send email to support@fiio.com first.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FLAC
AMPs
M11 Pro
regtime
2020-2-13
Post time 6 Day Before |Show all posts |
Edited by darknasa at 2020-2-19 23:17
FiiO replied at 2020-2-18 17:52
Dear user,

We will report to the engineer for check when they could be back to work again. And is t ...

No, the new art replaces the old one. I only use embedded art work, never separate jpgs.

Here's another bug with the music database:
- I have folder "The Alan Parsons Project" with music in it, loaded in M11 database, from SD card
- I change the artist name in the music files on my laptop. Now the artist is "Alan Parsons Project", without "the" in front. The music files themselves get updated as well with new artist name. The physical folder on the SD card remains whatever it was before.
- Now when rescanning the selected folder from within the fiio app, it will report 0 files added, and the changed files are not in the database anymore. They are physically on the SD card but have not been scanned.
- The only way to get the fiio app to scan the files correctly is to fully reset the database and scan everything (which takes time)

I know it's an unfair comparison, because you are doing your very best, but the Sony Walkman (any model) never has these problems.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2020-2-25 16:52 , Processed in 0.023957 second(s), 23 queries .