FiiO Forums

Retrieve Password
Register Now
/Sign In
Search
!show!: 845|Reply: 11

[M7] File Management app flickering (flashing)

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
mp3, FLAC
AMPs
Hey there!
regtime
2020-9-12
Post time 2020-9-12 02:05:38 |Show all posts |
Edited by Nick_24JJ at 2020-9-12 02:18

Hello and nice to meet you.

A few days ago I have purchased a FiiO M7 from Amazon UK. It came with M7-FW1.0.7 firmware which I immediately upgraded to version FW1.0.8, following all recommendations. I am using a SanDisk Ultra 128 GB microSDXC Memory Card and I formatted it on my other player, a FiiO M3K. I own this one, as well.

I am observing flickering / flashing in the File Management.

File Management was also crashing as soon as I was trying to load a song, however this issue has been resolved after applying this fix, suggested from FiiO support, which I have already contacted.

The flickering / flashing of the File Management App, though, still persists. I have a video of this issue, already emailed to your Support Team. To desribe what I mean, when I open the File Management app, the menu is flickering, stuttering. And this is becoming much more visible when I enter the directory, for example Internal Storage. There, the lines between the categories (Alarms, Android etc) are having severe flickering (flashing)

This does not happen in any other menu (I think)

I have also tried re-flashing the firmware, factory resets, clearing cache, re-formatting my SD card in Windows 10 using a relaible utility (FAT32)... Nothing helps.

EDIT: here is a video of the issue, hope it works
https://streamable.com/f1zn1v

Can anyone help, please?

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
mp3, FLAC
AMPs
Hey there!
regtime
2020-9-12
Post time 2020-9-12 21:32:12 |Show all posts |
Anyone, please?

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FLAC, MP3
AMPs
M7
regtime
2020-5-14
Post time 2020-9-12 22:38:21 |Show all posts |
Nick_24JJ replied at 2020-9-12 21:32
Anyone, please?

TBH I had no idea FiiO had posted an updated file manager apk, as I don't use the file manager much. My issue however isn't quite the same. In my case the file management app crashes whenever I finish deleting items. I will try this file manager apk you pointed out, but where it isn't working in your case I would check APKMirror.com or F-Droid.org for a basic file manager and use that in place of the FiiO app.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
mp3, FLAC
AMPs
Hey there!
regtime
2020-9-12
Post time 2020-9-13 01:16:49 |Show all posts |
Edited by Nick_24JJ at 2020-9-13 01:17

Hello Traveller,

Thank you for your suggestion and for replying!

I have no idea how to search for the appropriate File Manager for the M7. Can you please suggest me something? Also, how is this installed? In the same way I have installed the updated File Manager for FiiO?

Another thing I need to ask is this:

- How can I restore the FiiO M7 to its default state and be absolutely sure that nothing is corrupted? Is the Factory Reset from the Android Recovery Mode enough? And then, re-installing the latest Firmware over the same one?

I am asking because I have performed many resets and Firmware installations and I am afraid that there might be file corruption, even though I am not observing anything unusual - besides a glitch when trying to skip to the next track.

Thank you very much for your response!

Hey FiiO Team!
Where are you, guys?
Why, no response?!
Why no word from your Support team?! Still waiting for an update!
I have also e-mailed your reseller on Amazon UK. They have not received my email because there is a problem with their mailer! Jesus....

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FLAC, MP3
AMPs
M7
regtime
2020-5-14
Post time 2020-9-14 10:06:02 |Show all posts |
The M7 has a factory reset option in settings. No need to enter recovery and do it. I actually did a factory reset myself, but not to fix the file manager. No...I was trying to remember why I replaced the factory version of the FiiO app with the standalone version found in the Google Play Store.

That said, the only way to be certain nothing is corrupted is to apply the system firmware update FiiO provides for the device. That will automatically wipe everything and reset everything to the defaults.

I actually did a search on f-droid for a file manager in case the updated file manager apk didn't work (it did work). The one I would have installed is located at https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.openintents.filemanager/ and is the basic file manager that was included in CyanogenMod ROMs when that custom phone ROM was still a going concern.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
mp3, FLAC
AMPs
Hey there!
regtime
2020-9-12
Post time 2020-9-14 16:59:13 |Show all posts |
Edited by Nick_24JJ at 2020-9-14 21:14

Hello,

Thanks again for your assistance! I appreciate it!

I have also installed File Manager from Xiaomi and X-plore and they work, Both seem too much for this device so I will try your suggestion.

EDIT: I have installed the OI File Manager, after a factory reset from within the device. It does not play my songs. When I tap on a song from my SD card, I get "Application not available". Like the file manager cannot access the player or something.

X-plore plays them fine

One thing is Crucial for me, please clarify if you can!

- Is this a hardware issue or a software issue? What do you think?

Because if it is software, an update or alternative will resolve it! But if it is hardware then I need RMA...

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FLAC, MP3
AMPs
M7
regtime
2020-5-14
Post time 2020-9-15 04:18:53 |Show all posts |
OI File Manager may not have the handler necessary to play directly from the file manager. That's a software thing, and a different file manager will provide different results.

Your issue is almost certainly software, not hardware.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
mp3, FLAC
AMPs
Hey there!
regtime
2020-9-12
Post time 2020-9-15 15:04:34 |Show all posts |
Edited by Nick_24JJ at 2020-9-16 00:13

Hello Traveller,

Thanks again for your reply.

I think I will return this device.
It is very disappointing that no one from FiiO, like a Moderator or something, has replied here

The reseller from Amazon suggested to send them the device, they will check it, try to fix it and if not, they will send a new one. Yeah.... Good luck with that. How many days will it take for them to test and if this is a software issue, like it appears to be, why are they not sending an update and some step-by-step instructions for me to fix it?!

Or, someone from FiiO could offer a solution. But no one responds

I do not have any knowledge on these matters but my guess is that this device came with a bug in its Firmware M7-FW1.0.7 and this got carried over the new Firmware 1.0.8, to which I have upgraded. Dunno, I am not a developer.

Wish someone from FiiO would respond!

Anyway, thank you very much for your participation in my thread!

All the best!

EDIT: I have been contacted by FiiO Support. They say they cannot reproduce the issue and it's the first time they encounter it. They asked me for a video, I have sent it. Let's hope...

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
DACs
FiiO Q5s
Head Gears
FiiO FA9
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 7 Day Before |Show all posts |
Dear user,

My colleague has replied you about that via email.

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
mp3, FLAC
AMPs
Hey there!
regtime
2020-9-12
Edited by Nick_24JJ at 2020-9-16 14:27

Hi,

Yes, I got the reply, he said they cannot reproduce this issue even after sending them this video

They suggested the ES player. After a qurck Google Search, I get this:

ES File Explorer is a file manager/explorer designed by ES Global, a subsidiary of DO Global, for Android devices. It includes features like cloud storage integration, file transfer from Android to Windows via FTP or LAN, and a root browser. It was removed from the Google Play Store for committing click fraud.

Have you, guys, not anything better to suggest?

In any case, I have istalled it on my F7 to test it. Yes, it works. But like any other File Manager it has its own music player and it does not load Fiio Music. I already had a better file manager functioning this way, X-plore. So, no need for ES.

- Can I revert back to M7-FW1.0.7 and if so, how?
- Can you please send me the original File Management APK file, used in FW1.0.8?

Hoping for a quick response!

Thank you

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
mp3, FLAC
AMPs
Hey there!
regtime
2020-9-12
Okay, so here is the last update and message regarding this matter.

I have received a beta Firmware from Support. I installed it, factory reset, it does not fix the issue. The issue remains.

A couple of hours ago I have placed an order for FiiO M9 and I will get in on Friday.
I sincerely hope all to go well with that device.

Thank you

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
DACs
FiiO Q5s
Head Gears
FiiO FA9
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 6 Day Before |Show all posts |
Ok, thanks for the feedback.

Best regards

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2020-9-23 16:46 , Processed in 0.023845 second(s), 23 queries .