F-Coin
Audio Sources
Android, Windows
AMPs
BTR5
regtime
2021-2-22
Post time 2021-2-22 16:34:53 |Show all posts |
Problem: in windows the BTR5 Handsfree input device has very low quality audio (sample rate is 16Khz), this is due to a limitation in the Bluetooth A2DP protocol. Windows does not support other codecs like aptX LL, which will probably solve the issue. So, when I make skype calls using my BTR5 microphone it seems like my voice is coming from a 1992 game.

Also, when the BTR5 is attached via USB it works as a DAC but microphone input is disabled.

So, has anyone found a solution (a special software or a dongle) to use BTR5 microphone as input with skype/teams calls and a decent microphone sound quality?

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
DACs
FiiO Q5s
Head Gears
FiiO FA9
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 7 Day Before |Show all posts |
Dear friend,

You could try to connect the microphone plug of the headphone to the microphone port of the computer for help instead?

Best regards

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Nokia 7 plus, Microsoft Surface Go
AMPs
BTR3K, BTR5
regtime
2020-6-22
Post time 3 Day Before |Show all posts |
I don't understand the answer to roccapl question.

I have similar problems when using both my BTR3K and BTR5 with voice calls or video calls. Although both are supposed to have active noise cancellation, the BTR microphones pick up relatively small noises and amplify them. A small knock on any object or posing the coffee mug on a the table sometimes sounds like a bullet to other people in the call. Tapping (keyboard) and breathing seesm amplified to the point that one colleague recently lost his nerves "who is breathing so loudly". Turned out, it was me.

The BTR5 seems worse with amplifying ambient sounds, like kitchen background noises.
The BTR3K amplifies human noises like breathing.
Both are not great at noise cancellation to the point where I doubt that it is working at all.

For me these are essential qualities for which I got both BTRs. Great sound experience for music and films with great analogue headphones and IEMs. Plus the ability to quickly switch to phpne calls or video conferences with the same equipment.

One workaround seems to work which is to use some foam as windscreen. Due to the design of the BTRs, this is a bit awkward.

Please FIIO - look into the the microphone / voice feature of the BTRs. Especially with COVID and home offices / mostly online meetings,  this might be another killer feature of bluetooth amplifiers. Maybe you can come up with some microphone windsceen?

Another feature I would l would love is a MIC-off button.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2021-3-3 03:47 , Processed in 0.019973 second(s), 23 queries .